Chapter 1 - Remembering

Yugi's POV

I lay upon my bed, simply staring at the ceiling. It's been 3 weeks since Yami, er I guess Atem, left. I don't know how to feel about anything. The moments before he left keep coming back into my head, I just can't forget him. We spent so much time together and I had the best moments of my life with him. I should of never let him go. I wish Atem could have just stayed with me.

My heart has been hurting and longing for him. Only after he left, did I realize my feelings for him. Suddenly my heart kept pounding, it hurt. I groan in pain, I can only squeeze my shirt hoping the pain subsides. Then suddenly, my world went blank.

---

"Beep...beep...beep" Are the only sounds I hear, struggling to open my eyes. I could see bright lights as a figure cones into view, it was Joey. He notices me opening my eyes and runs over to me. "Yug, what's going on! Are you ok, bud?" Joey looks really concerned, then he tells me what happened.

Flashback - Joey's POV

I've had nothing to do all day, so I invited Yug to go to the arcade with me. I sent him a few texts, but he didn't respond, so ima go to his house and get em. He has been really down lately and hasn't come out of his room for weeks.

Yug was the most impacted when the pharoah left, we all knew it, even his gramps. Teá was a close second, I knew she had a thing for him. When we got back to Domino, Yug refused to do anything. It's like all of the life got sucked out of him that night. I know the gang doesn't really think I'm smart or don't know jack, but I'm really worried about him.

I kept ringing Yug's doorbell, hoping I wouldn't have to go in and get him, until I heard a thud. I got the spare key from under the welcome mat and quickly opened the door. All of the lights were off, except a light from the hallway. Yug's gramps must be out for a few days, I thought to myself as I quickly made my way to Yug's room.

As soon as I opened the door, my eyes went wide. I rushed over to the floor where Yug was, curled up into a ball. He was breathing heavily and his body kept getting hotter. I immediately called the hospital. I was focused, desperately hoping that the ambulance would get there soon.

I picked him up, taking Yug to the couch. It wasn't soon after that when the ambulance arrived, rushing Yug, along with me, to the hospital. We were there in a jiffy, Yug was immediately rushed into the emergency room. I waited outside the door, hoping there wasn't bad news.

It was almost midnight when Yug was put in a regular hospital bed, but he was hooked up to a few weird looking things. I wasn't sure what they were called, but I knew he was going to be ok, for the moment.

---

Yugi's POV

I laid atop the very uncomfortable hospital bed while Joey was telling me what happened. I knew something was wrong with me ever since the pharoah left, I just didn't know what.

Joey looked exhausted. He had been there waiting for me for the past day. Joey looked like he didn't slept a wink. "Joey." I said in a wispy voice looking over at him. "What cha need bud. Water, More blankets, hungry?" He bombarded me with questions, I put my hand up signaling him that I didn't need any of that. "Joey, please get some sleep. I know you haven't slept since at least yesterday evening." I said with a quiet tone, barely above a whisper. I knew he wanted to stay, but didn't want to argue with me so we said our goodbyes and he left. He was a bit angry at me for it, but I'll make it up to him later.

A little while after Joey left, the doctor came in with a clipboard. "Mr. Mutou, I've got some things I need to discuss with you." The doctor came over to the bed, after closing the door, but he had a sad look in his eye. These moments probably weren't his favorite in his career.

Just Say The Truth (YamixYugi)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें