Chapter 8 - Trapped

Yugi's POV

"Hey, hey. Wake up." A small voice woke me from the darkness. I was laid with my back against a cold wall. I felt pain in my neck and back of my head, that wouldn't cease. "Where am I?" The child stared into my eyes. I could see the pain and longing in his eyes. The boy had scruffy black hair, along with black eyes. I could see a duel monsters card hanging on a chain around his neck. "They got you too, huh." The boy looked down. He looked to be about my height in high school. I wondered why I recognized this boy, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"The last thing I remember is looking at the stars, then...A man?" I tried to remember what he looked like, but I could only remember his deep brown eyes. "It's nice to see you again, Yugi. Well, not really nice. I never thought I'd see you like this..." I still was a bit confused at who was beside me, until I remembered. It was Mokuba.

"What are you doing here, Mokuba? Wait, where is here?" The boy looked sad. "About a week ago, a man captured me and locked me up in here. There is just you and me in this cell, but there are others around the halls." I looked around realizing that I really was in a cell. It wasn't too big and the door had large bars that patterned over the walls. I could hear crying, but mostly calls for people to come rescue them.

"Where are we?" I asked Mokuba, hoping for an answer. "I'm not sure, but we might be somewhere underground. I can hear water running and metal creaking, but nothing else." I now knew what situation we were in, I just wondered who could be doing this. "There is one way that we can escape, well rescued. My locket has a tracking device inserted into it, so Seto might be able to track us. It got smashed when I was thrown in here, so I just hope it works." There was desperation in Mokuba's eyes. He really wanted to see Kaiba again, they were always together when he had time, including Joey who was like part of his family.

Mokuba told me all he had known and then we sat there in silence. This peaceful quietness didn't last long, since that's when the door slammed open. A large man came over to me and punched me in the gut. I was thrown back against the cold wall. "Yugi!" Mokuba had called out my name. The man then preceded to pick me up and throw me over his shoulder, like garbage. "Stay back, runt!" The man had a demanding voice. "Don't w-worry Mokuba, I'll be fine." I tried to smile in his direction, but the cell door closed behind me. With Mokuba inside and me over some guys shoulders.

As the man walked down the seemingly endless hallway, I could see few other cells. There were few children and teens that all had a 'high and mighty' hint to them. But now, looked like the life was sucked out of them, some of them looked lifeless. "I want my mommy!" A girl cries through the bars. "Give it up, no one is coming to rescue us." A teenagers voice could be heard through another cell. "I'm not sure how long we've even been here..." There was cries through cells, but it was a bit too dark to see the figures.

The man threw me down onto a hard floor. It was a bit brighter in this place, so I could see his face. Ushio. Why was he here, I thought he was expelled and moved somewhere else. "Ushio!? Why are you here?" The tall man only laughed. He walked over to a rack and took some ropes from it. Walking over to me, the man I thought to be Ushio gave me a death glare. "I finally found you, Yugi Mutou." He tied me up, and tight. I was tied to the wall with my hands above my head and my body dangling above the floor.

Everything had happened so quickly. I was just looking at the stars, then talking to Mokuba. Now I'm hanging from the ceiling close to a wall, with a madman laughing heavily at me. I have an idea, I just hope it works.

/"Yami!/ There was no response. I tried again. /"Yami! Can you hear me!"/ still no response.

I called his name through the mind link a bit more, trying to reach him. Only to loose focus of my surroundings. For the split second that I lost focus, a sharp pain was placed across my abdomen. I closed my eyes, wincing at the pain. Following this, there was another pain, then another. I could feel blood fall from my body, I turned cold, but not enough to loose conciousness.