Chapter Thirteen - Trying to Be Ok

Chapter Thirteen – Trying To Be Ok

***

I’m trying to be ok, I’m trying to be alright.

***

Victoria was falling asleep on Niall waiting in the lounge. They were getting fitted for their outfits, and Lo had already taken her and Louis measurements. Now she was onto Zayn, and Victoria hadn’t slept very well for the past few nights. There were horrible nightmares plaguing her about the boys hurting her. There were some of Liam falling off a cliff, and Victoria standing there frozen because she had promised to stop caring.

The boys hadn’t gotten very much sleep either. Victoria’s screams echoed through the flat, and she felt guilty for it. Liam had told himself her problems didn’t matter to him, but when he stuffed his headphones in his ears to drown out her pained moans, his chest tightened.

Now Harry, Zayn, and Niall were taking turns sleeping with her to calm her down after her nightmares. It was all innocent of course. They all saw her as a younger sister, someone to protect. Liam had managed to keep the blasé façade up so far, but he knew Zayn saw through it. He wondered whether the other boys would see through it too.

Lo saw the snoozing Victoria and slapped her butt, “Wake up, I’m taking your chubby pillow to measure. Can you help me?”

“Chubby?” Niall cried out in outrage. Lo put a hand over his mouth to shut him up, still facing Victoria, waiting for an answer.

Victoria yawned and stretched, rubbing her eyes blearily, “Sure, what do you need?”

Lo practically chucked a tape measure at her head, and waved in the direction of Liam. “Go take his measurements and write them down. I’ll finish up this potato and get to Harry next.”

“What?” Victoria stuttered, instantly awake. “Can’t I do Harry, and you do Liam?”

Lo waved her hand dismissively, “No, I need to make sure the head circumference is right. With Liam’s short hair, it’ll be easy, but Harry’s curls are deceptive. Plus I don’t want anything jumping out of the jungle on his head and attacking you. Now shoo.”

She tugged Niall’s hand telling him to follow her to the fitting room where his outfits lay.

Cheekily, he sang, “Your hand fits in mine like it’s made just for me.”

Without even sparing him a look, she said, “Wanna see if my knuckles fit your cheek just as perfectly?” Niall gulped audibly, and Victoria shot Lo a look that said, Be nice.

Sighing, Lo smiled sweetly at Niall. “Alright, how’s about this, I will measure you as nicely as possible if you make no jokes about how I should measure your penis.”

“You know me so well, love.” Niall said, throwing an arm over her shoulder that Lo wriggled out of. “Well if the curiosity gets the best of you, I won’t stop you.”

“Curiosity killed the cat.” Lo growled.

“I always was into pussy.” Niall smirked. Victoria’s jaw hit the floor, surprised at Niall. That was a complete Harry thing to say.

“This kitty has claws.” Lo said lowly. “And by claws, I mean fabric scissors so sharp that they will castrate you in a heart beat. So if you want to keep the four incher you have now, I suggest you do not test me.”

Victoria took one look at Niall’s pale face and knew it would be a while before he recovered from that. Shaking out her nerves, Victoria gave herself a little pep talk.