Chapter 10

Leo had a double shift at border patrol filling in for one of the men helping with our room. Apparently several menn had volunteered, obviously hoping to getting it quickly done.

It meant we were now running on full speed trying to catch our ride before it left. Well technically I was running on four paws and Leo was flying through the air.

Brax was standing by the car squinting at his watch. "Cutting it close boys!" Both of us shifting mid air we popped into one of the cars waiting for us.

The Pit was about 2 hour drive south west. And it was literally a Pit, an underground club made up from three giant holes in the gound and underground tunnels linking them together. Shifters from all over came here to drink and fight in other words to just be themselves. Mostly packs and different tribes but also rogues.

We parked the cars and walked up to the first giant hole in the ground. Loud bass drums shook the earth to the beat. Shifters scattered beneath us in different groups, huddling togheter and in the middle a fight was already in motion.

Brax led us around the hole, to a staircase carvd out of the ground itself. Staying close we descend the stairs down to the pit.

Several packs acknowledge us with small nods, and I shook a few hands before we could arrive at the bar. My tribe was well known here and we proudly held a few records.

Brax ordered beer for us all, there were 10 of us, which was one of The Pit rules, never more than ten shifters from one tribe in The Pit. And yeah, The Pit only had a few rules but they were necessary to maintain the peace.

"Rex" a familiar man approached me holding out his hand.

I shook it much harder than I needed to, but it was all about showing of. "Billy" I greeted.

"Picked one yet?" he asked still holding my hand.

Leo stiffened beside me

"I just got here Billy," I took a sip of the beer before continuing "you know I need to check out the floor first."

"Right, right." he grunted "Well you come and find me when you're ready then" and he turned and walked away.

I looked at Leo beside me. He smiled faintly and there was a small sadness to his eyes. "What?" I said still holding his gaze.

He shrugged looking down at his beer bottle. "Just don't pick a fight with the best shifter in here."

"I cant do that" I said flatly "We are not allowed to fight ourselves."

A pointy elbow hit my sweet spot just below the ribs to my left side making me giggle. "Ouch" I grinned "No seriously, that's one of the rules" That owed me another pointy blow, and I was about to give im one back before Kurt barged in between, seperating us.

"Alright, alright little girls that's enough" He said puffing out his chest "Now quit it before the Pit guard kick you out for fighting outside the ring" Leo snorted but kept his distance.

After a couple of hours most of my men had been in a fight and they had done good. We had won most fights and I had fought a wolf, and won. We were standing in front of the bar talking loosely with another pack from the east.

Leo wondered of nearby to take a sip of water from the water fountain at the end of the bar when he, the brown bear, approached. Licking his lips at me and eying Leo with interest. With the beer bottle in his left hand, he started moving closer to my mate and the hair on my arms rose, animal close to the surface.

He was about to lean in and sniff my mate when I roared and leaped towards him, snatching him before he could smell him and throwing him through the air. Shifting mid air a brown bear growled at us. My men reacted and came to stand beside us, some shifting others waited.