Chapter 4.

Leg twitching again I sat two tables away from him. My eyes kept going over the boy, scanning him, waiting for any discomfort.

"U gonna eat that?" Brax threw a fork in my steak and slide it onto his plate. I wasn't hungry anyway. Wait had Leo eaten anything? I glanced towards him again. God I was such a mess for him.

Luke flew in from the window and shifted before taking a seat infront of me. He stuck his head in my perfect line towards Leo and I growled at him. "Whoa... easy there kitty cat"

"Toilet scrubbing got his panties in a bunch" Brax barked out.

I moaned and slam dunked my head on the table covering my ears and any annoying friends.

Five hours I had been apart from him, and already a sloppy mess. I had done my duity, scrubbed the shared toilets on first, second and third floor, squeaky clean. At least I thought I would be sitting next to him at dinner, but nooooo, my father, brought Leo to the table furthest away from me, silently punishing me.

I was not going to crawl my way towards them, I was strong, after all i was a prince, moaning my discomfort into the table.

And just like that i caved. As a slippery banana peal I slid down my seate and on to the floor like a puddle. So sophisticated I know. Shiftet to my Lynx and here I was, doing exactly what I wasn't going to do, crawling and squeezing through legs and feet to get to him. My man.

I reached their table only to find an empty seat were Leo once sat. "Where is he?"

My father eyed me warily. "He went to his room" I turned on my heal but my father grabed my arm and held me back. "Think about him". He released me and turned towards his table again.

Think about him? My head had been filled with him all day long, not a minute passed where I didn't not think about him....

I jogged up to our room and called out for him "Leo"

No answer.

My animal close to surface I sniffed. His scent hung in the air, he was here. I walked towards the bedroom, and reached a closed door. I rattled the handle, damn it, why could this only lock from the inside. An ear against the door I lisen for any sound, shufling feet on floor, steady breating, but nothing. He was to far away, I needed to get closer, I felt like I had to get closer. Like an unberable itch getting stronger.

Walking a few steps from the door I bolted towards it, shoulder in first and shatherd the lock from its hold, the door blew open with a loud bang.

Ignoring the pain in my shoulder I scaned quickly the room, empty, eyes locked onto the next closed door. Another obsticle. Running towards it I slamed my hands flat onto the doors surface, head tilted to the side, listening. Small faint heartbeats loomed on the other side. My breath caught and I stilled.

With my head still glued to the door I slumped down to the floor. Leo's sweater hung over the bed side and I yanked it to me, stuffed my nose in the exotic scent and huged it tightly. My fathers words hung over me like a wicked spiderweb, -think about him- I sighed an slowly closed my eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------

Shifting uncomfortable, my head slowly waking up to the familiar sound of a horn signaling breakfast is ready. I rubbed my eyes against my palms, the litle sleep I have gotten through the night was far from enough. Lifting myself up from the floor next to the door I hear a low moan from the other side. Low mumble followed "What the fuck was that?"

Tilting my head to the side, bones crackling complaints against my sleeping arragement. "Breakfast" I drew down the hood and frowned at the tightness of the sweater before realising I had put on Leo's sweater some time during the night. Quicky tugging it of and tossing it back to the bed were I found it. "So... do you want to walk down together?"

Shapeshifters - Rex the LynxOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara