6

To my surprise, the apartment was clean when I got back home. And quiet. Sihyun and Sooji were nowhere in sight. The living room had been taken over by a new tyrant, Mari. She had lit candles and incenses around as she sat behind the coffee table on her computer.

Me: Hey.

Mari: Oh, hey! I didn't hear you come in.

Me: Just got here. Gosh, why did you light so many of those?

Mari: I am exorcising the fuckboy out of our place of peace.

Me: You do you. Where are Sooji and Sihyun?

Mari: I don't know where that scum is. Sooji went out to pick up food. Peach and Zo are going to be here in a little bit.

Me: Ok. Cool. I'm gonna go change.

Mari: Cool.

In my room, I got into more comfortable clothes. Buried deep in my closet, I found that black and gold versace bomber jacket that Namjoon gave me. I haven't worn it in years. I came close to selling it a few times but couldn't bring myself to it. Like I was holding onto him.

Sooji, Sihyun, Peach, and Zo all came in around the same time, making noise and bringing in food. Mari's candles and incense were in vain as Sihyun came in with his "haven't showered and four days" body odor.

Peach: Ok, ladies and Sihyun. What are we watching tonight?

Sihyun: I want to watch-

Mari: No one cares.

Sihyun: Why are you always being a bitch to me?

Mari: I'll be nice when you find some soap.

Sooji: Hey. Leave him alone.

Mari: My bad. I didn't mean to disrespect the monarchy.

Zo: Oh my god. Mari get over here.

Mari: What?

Zo: RiRi finally dropped the fenty mascara.

Mari: WHAT?

I didn't pay attention to the show or their conversations. Like I said, not much has changed around here. Sooji is still a snob. Mari is still catty. Peach and Zo are still entertaining their attitudes. And I still feel like I'm the only person in this filled room.

These guys, I care about them. They're my friends. But I just...don't know how much I really relate to them. Which has always been my problem. I don't even feel close enough with any of them to call my sister/brother.

I'm twenty two now. Perhaps it's time that I move out? Not far away. I'll still hang with them but the more I sit here and the more I think, the more I feel like I should have my own place by now. I think that's what my dad would want for me too.

Speaking of my dad, I should go visit him soon. Bring his grave a new set of flowers. I added it to my to-do list sticky note while I was on my computer. Then I started house hunting.

I always imagined myself in something small. Like a loft or a studio. Nothing too fancy or dramatic. Simple but edgy. Big enough to hold guests but not big enough for them to stay over. Except my boyfriend or girlfriend that isn't too religious to sleep in the same bed as me.

Most importantly, I want something that is still midtown so I'm not too far away from Cary Town. I need to be able to thrift. I need something move in ready because I do not have the manpower or patience for renovations.

But all of these requirements are outside of my price range unless I want to take Namjoon up on his offer of free housing. I can't do that. That's entirely too much. The craziest part is that he'd actually just give me a free house.