My new home.

I held his hand still. I cried as I told him the rest about what happened today. Before I went to leave, his hand squeezed mine just enough for me to get hype and screech. Ace came barreling in
"Are you ok?" He asked
"I'm fine" I smiled "amazing actually." I told him. I placed a small, soft kiss on his forehead and let go of his hand. Ace growled.

I walked passed him and was walking to my car when someone grabbed my wrist.
"Who is that?" Ace asked
"I don't think it's important" I smiled
"He better be your brother" he growled.
"Nope" I shook my head
"I swear if you have a boyfriend I will kill him" he growled deeper
"Shut up, you're not going to touch him, he's all I have left" I looked down
"Can I have a kiss before you leave?" He smirked
"Um, no" I smiled and got into my car, started it and drove to what I'm guessing is my new house.

I followed the directions to the home and when I got into the woods almost nothing was here but a pathway. A very long one at that. I kept driving until I came to a large clearing with rose bushes greeting me at the entrance. I drove more until I saw a beautiful home.

It was a rather large one at that. At least 2 stories. I pulled my car into the drive way and went up the few steps onto a dark wood patio with a swing and a rocking chair. A large dark door was in front of me. I got the key and unlocked it. My mothers stale scent surrounded me and comforted me. I was immediately graced with a huge room with high ceilings.

It was decorated with a red soft looking couch, a matching loveseat. A grey recliner that looked soft and also comfy. A glass and dark wood coffee table. A big flat screen tv in the middle of the wall. On the left when you walked in was a large arch way leading into a kitchen. It was a red kitchen with black appliances. The counters are marble, as well as the large island in the middle of it.

A landline was in the wall divider and I looked at the contacts, one of them being my grandma. I haven't seen her in years I've seen her twice, when I was a baby but I remember it I was either 2 or 3. And at my moms funeral. Even though it's been almost 18 years since this number has been on this phone I decided to dial the number and see if I get a hold of her.

"Hello?" A shaky voice answers
"Grandma?" I asked
"Who is this?" She asked
"Mace" I answered.
"Oh mace! I haven't seen you in so long," she gushed
"I know, how are you?" I asked
"Good, why are you calling from Aprils home phone?" She asked
"Well, she left me this house and I needed somewhere to go" I told her.
"What happened to your dad?" She asked
"You can't tell anyone, not even grandpa" I told her everything that he has done
"Oh baby I'm so sorry, I'm glad you held up so strong, and so sorry to hear about Blake, I know he meant a lot to you, he will be better soon I promise." she encouraged
"Thanks grandma" I whispered
"You go and get settled down, I know you've had a long day, I love you see you soon" she wished away and hung up.

I walked up the small staircase and looked in the first room on the right. It had a California king size bed that was red with silver decorating. There was a silver dresser. With pictures of me and my mom on the mirror. I opened the drawer and saw a note.
"Hey baby girl, I decorated this room for you, it used to mine. I hope you like it. :)" I read, I smiled and laid it on the dresser.

It had a tv on the wall Infront of the bed and a nightstand on the right of the bed. Two doors are on the wall where the tv is. I opened the one on the right and it was huge closet. The left was a amazing bathroom. A huge bathtub a stand up shower with glass doors and a lot of space. My foot touched the cold tile flooring and I looked into the large mirror.

A familiar face looked back at me. It reached for her face and stroked where former bruises were. Her eyes show hurt, pain, and only a little bit of happiness. She lifted up her shirt. The brown and green bruises were slowly fading. Her un-tamed hair had its own look. I exited the bathroom.

Broken in Two ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara