chapter 5

"Dr.anand i didn't get you", nam sounded confused

"I'm drunk tell Eve shoooryyy Dont shtell Sharad he will puncchh meeesssh too"

"Ok will do"

"He did not freeshhhze dont complain him hesss goosshd guy"

"Ok Dr.anand see u tomorrow good night", Nam was releived that he did not call back. For it has been more than 2 hours anand kept calling and blabbering about pradeep, sharad and Eve.

Nam had noticed in the evening that Eve  was waiting for a long time even after her shifts. Nam had to push her out for it was getting late. Now by 11pm Nam was sure Eve would be in bed so she just left a voice message imitating Anands drunk voice.

Omkar was taken for surgery it may take 4 hours, it was assessed that he may need many surgeries within gap of every two weeks according to his health.

Mr.yogeshwar was standing outside the OT "Sir it will take time please wait in your room"

"no no im good im positive everything will be fine Dr.sharads back so im happy"

"WHAT do you mean hes back ?"Nam asked

"After his wife died in a car crash he stopped practicing, there was a lot of problems in his personal life too. The delhi papers were all about him, then he was gone didn't know where". Yogeshwar said

Nam was silent "Im sorry doctor please i think i have said too much hes a great doctor please if this is something bad for his career please please i beg of you do not let it out ",Yogeshwar was frantically asking Nam to forget what she heard

"Sir our hospital is know for doctors on how they treat a patient and not their personal life."

Yogeshwar seemed releived

"I'm going for my rounds if u need anything contact the receptionist."

"Yes thank you", said yogeshwar

Nam needed a walk to collect her thoughts and calm her nerves.

She remembered Eve saying once his wife n kids were not with him. But he had boxes full of his wife's  and kids dresses Nam felt her heart going towards sharad.  She was determined that she will never think of sharad in a personal level when she had arrived for duty earlier today now it was all gone with the wind.

But Nam decided that she was not going to ask sharad about it and keep her distance. For she did not like the dream she had got that was so realistic of sharad asking her sorry and a peck on her cheeks

By 4am omkar was brought into the critical care unit. sharad was talking to Mr.yogeshwar when his eyes caught Nams eyes he saw her wantingly pull away her gaze and walk away.

Nam was finishing her rounds and she had to cross Sharads room she saw the doors were opened and was a little hesitant to cross it so she took the stairs to go down and came back up through another set of stairs just to avoid sharad.

When she came up she saw him standing in front of his office expecting her.  She ignored him and went for rounds. "Dr.namratha in my office" sharad called when she stepped out of a room.

Nam felt like she was walking into a memory she was trying so hard to forget.

Sharad had a sheet of paper in front of him it looked like a building plan.

"Doctor namratha what do u think" sharad pointed out the nurses station at every floor and a doctors room near the emergency Room

"good idea ", Nam was too formal