"thanks", he said softly

"will she live", he asked after sipping the coffee

"shes fine . may be for a month she may need support . then she will be on her own. her left hip is not damaged. its her right hip this time. plus some small other fractures, thats not a big problem. shes in good hands. do u need me to call someone?"

"No i hv called my son and daughter they are on their way".

"im dr Namratha if u need anything just inform the receptionist she will know where to find me. Theres a visitor's lobby to your right feel free to rest in there i will come with updates"

He noded slowly sipping his coffee
"are you hungry i can get u something" she asked

"No no thank you im all good."

Namratha asked the receptionist to keep an eye on Mr. Ranganathan and went to her cabin to fill up the paper works.

When she reached her cabin she could hear nurse EVE shouting at the interns. Namratha had a different approach she doesn't believe in all these bashings but once in a while these kids needed such strong words, for they have been lethargic lately. taking NAMRATHA'S kindness for granted. She waited for some time and Stepped inside. NURSE EVE stopped immediately and sent the interns out.

"Was it all needed ?"asked Namratha

"You seriously think that was unnecessary Nam"

"No comments"

"You always do this NAM since school days you are a fucking diplomate and im a dictator"

"Not my words EVE ",NAM smiled

NAM and EVE were mentioned as the power Duo of the emergency ward.

"They are just kids EVE"

"kids!!! are you fucking serious Nam? they are 27yrs ! and what are you in your 60s ?your just 30 remember that.GOD you make me also feel old." eve said faking a shiver

"Fine get out of here EVE i need to finish all the paper work . we have a new hospital administrator coming in tomorrow. he will also be the new cheif of the Emergency section so i just want everything perfect. Go see if all your nurses station record are in order" chased NAM

Eve went out mumbling some curse words to her station.

By the time Dr.Namratha has finished her work and her rounds it was already 4am. MRS. SUSHEELA was out of surgery and was stable but still not out of the anesthesia effect.

Mr. Raghunath was sitting by her bedside looking much relived. "Doctor" he called

"Yes"she responded with a smile

"are you married?"

"No?"

"if u dont mistake me May i know your age"

Namratha smiled and said "lets talk about it later . many patients are sleeping it may disturb them so i will come back later see you soon Mr. Ranganathan"

she walked away swiftly. the whole hospital was on their feet at this early time of the day getting ready to welcome the new administrator, the files, the stock list, the patient files and accounts files and bills were being moved to the admins room.

A new board was being placed on the door. DR. SHARAD, MBBS, MD(emergency medicine), MS. it read.

EVE and NAM were sipping their morning coffee watching all the staffs running like headless chickens.

"Any idea about this doctor ?"asked Nam

when eve did not answer Nam found her friend eyeing Dr.Anand "why dont you go and talk to him"