chapter 1

"Call for the 1st response team 108 en route" Matron JENNIFER's voice echoed through the intercom in the doctor's LOUNGE of the AADHIS MULTI SPECIALITY HOSPITAL.

IN no time Dr Namratha was standing with her squad of duty doctors and nurses ready to receive their patient. Even though she has a squad of very experienced doctors and nurses Dr.Namratha always double and triple checked the arrangements all by herself.

When the siren sounds were near Namratha always felt like she was waiting on her first case. The ambulance stopped and as the door opened she heard the doctor from the ambulance shout out the history and an intern doctor was writing it down.

"65 years old female, sliped and fell in the bathroom was conscious and responsive when we 1st encountered, inability to move the right leg and complained of severe pain in the right side hip too. She went unconscious and non responsive around 1.30am 15 minutes on the way, but vitals are steady".

"Did u give her any shots or iv on the way",dr namratha(Nam) asked

"no mam , aah...doctor", he stammered

"Thank you! we will take it on from here. u will hv to remain and sign some forms."

patient was rushed into the ER

"Call the attender ",doctor Namratha ordered Nurse EVANGELINE (Eve short form)
This story revolves around the emergency Room of aadhis MULTI SPECIALITY HOSPITAL that is located in Tamilnadu on hosur Bangalore high way. accident cases are very common. Due to their quick response to the cases this hospital was preferred by many ambulance drivers from tamilnadu and Bangalore.

Dr. Namratha though she has only an MBBS degree is the most experienced hand of the 1st responde team in the hospital. 30years of age, Nam had wheatish coloured skin, 5.5 feet tall, weighing around 72 kilos but looks like shes 65 kgs. a soft spoken who never argued with anyone in the hospital except when her work is interfered. She shares a flat with her best friend since school Evangeline. who also works in the ER as a nurse. an opposite to Dr.NAM, in looks and in character. a stunning beauty who you can see in beauty pageant. very outspoken speaks her mind theres no diplomacy in her talks unlike her friend.

But their personal life is the total opposite.

AS soon as the attender arrived Namratha was checking the patient and asking questions to a man who looked some 75 years , "whats her name?"

"Suseela"

"any prior operations?"

"family planning and left hip replacement"

"any allergies any chronic diseases"

"No and No"

"your name Sir?"

"Ranganathan" said the frail man

"She will be fine soon i will come and find u trust me", Dr. Namratha said with a smile.

"Her right leg is stretched outwardly so fracture of the hip bone, theres bruising in the right thigh and hands with swelling indicates multiple fractures. No external bleeding or swelling in the skull region, her vitals are normal , recommendation for xray of the bilateral upper and lower limb, and also full spine, safer side go for an Cranium xray also see which orthhipedic surgeon is on call and get a theater ready."

Nurse EVE had started a line for the patient for IV and had the fractured limb immobilized with the help of the duty internship doctors and nurses.
and got susheela ready to be taken for an Xray.

Dr NAMRATHA as promised went in search of Mr. ranganathan who was now sitting in front of a VINAYAGAR statue

"here you go coffee and sugar"