Chapter 1- Was This Guy for Real?!

Hope you guys enjoy.....

_____________________________________________________________________

I was running for my life in hopes of finally escaping them. I just hope that I can live to someday talk again….

I didn’t know where I was but I knew I was on someone else’s land, by the way the scents changed when I passed the border line I knew this pack was powerful.

I heard paws heading in my direction and I tried to outrun them thinking it was those people who had me. Before I knew it I was tackled to the ground by a brown wolf, he was huge but not as big as an Alpha or a Beta, so he had to be the Gamma. He had his jaw around my neck and his paw squishing my left paw, I heard bones cracking and so desperately tried to get out of his grip, but his jaw clamped down not far enough to kill me but far enough to keep me vulnerable. Not like he needed to, I was already weak; I don’t understand how I was able to outrun the other monsters.

The Gamma let go of me and shifted back along with two other wolfs who looked like pack warriors, none of them caring if they were naked, I used my bad paw and covered my eyes while steadying myself with my good front paw.

“Shift,” the Gamma ordered. I limped to a tree and shifted back trying with my best to untie my big baggy shirt form my leg and careful of my hand and neck to put it on.

When I did I walked out of the tree to the Gamma and two other guys who all thankfully had shorts on.

“Why are you on pack territory rogue,” he demanded. I wish I could tell him, tell him of the story that will forever haunt me the rest of my life.

“Talk!” he yelled as he grabbed my arm. I winced and pointed to my throat.

“Can’t you talk?!” he demanded. I shook my head and I bowed my head.

“What do we do with her?” one of the two guys asked.

“The Alpha is on his way,” the Gamma said and I closed my eyes tightly as I tried to hold back my tears and whimpers.

We stayed like that for five minutes until I heard paws pounding on the ground coming this way, I looked down not wanting to look into the eyes of my soon to be killer.

In that instant a scent reached my noise, it smelled tingly but I ignored it since it was probably just the scent the Alpha had. I heard shifting and some shuffling before I heard the huskiest and sexiest voice ever, talk.

“Why are you on my territory rogue?” he demanded.

“She can’t talk,” the Gamma answered.

“What do you mean she can’t talk?” the Alpha asked.

“She hasn’t made a sound since we got her and when we asked her questions all she did was point to her throat,” another guy answered.

I heard the Alpha walk up to me, “Look at me,” he demanded, but I didn’t knowing that this is my last second on Earth.

“I said look at me,” he growled as he grabbed my arm from the Gamma in a vice grip. I winced and finally looked up to his stunning grey eyes.

‘Mate!’ my wolf yipped happily, although she was very weak she got to sound very excited, but I didn’t. I didn’t want a mate, a mate who I am putting in danger. Those people said they would find me no matter where I ran to, I couldn’t put my mate or his pack in danger. My wolf whimpered knowing it was the truth.

“Kitten,” my mate purred, before he growled, “mine!” softly as he let go of my arm and lightly touched my cheek, now I felt the sparks firing on my skin. ‘Kitten? Was this guy for real?! Did it look like I had whiskers and meowed?’ I mentally scolded at him.

I shook my head before catching my mate off guard, I shoved his chest with all my might, ignoring the piercing pain in my left hand and shifted into my wolf barely taking two steps before I tumbled to the ground. I couldn’t go anywhere with a broken paw, I whimpered and tried to get up but failed.

All the pain was catching up to me, after running across the country in three days non-stop, the exhaustion and pain was catching up to me. Oh why now?!

I was forced to shift back no longer having the strength to run or be in wolf form right now. I felt a soft blanket placed over me and wrapped around me, and then two strong arms lifted me off of the ground, considering the sparks running through me I knew it was my mate. I tried to fight him, but he just held me tighter, my weak attempts died down as did my consciousness, last thing I heard was, ‘my kitten,’ being softly whispered into my ear. ‘There he goes again with the kitten crap,’ was my last thought.

____________________________________

Wooo! First chapter up, hope you guys like it! 

Comments? Vote/ Follow

_larisa_