Late Night Thoughts

Sometimes we feel sad not because of the hundred wrongs we've done but because of the million right things we did for the wrong person.

~~~

And in the midst of it all, I realized it wasn't just a game anymore.

~~~

I caress him amidst dramaturgical interchangeable earnestness; as consequences I palpitate, concealed by intrinsic contingence.

~~~

I cherish happiness because of the sadness I've known.

~~~

I hate how easy it is for you to hurt me without any remorse while I'm struggling to keep you safe.

~~~

Every sign is telling me to stop this. Every evidence is making me feel completely stupid for still wanting something that doesn't have a chance. Everyone is telling me to back out while I'm still whole and safe but my foolish heart keeps fighting for the "what ifs". Keeps hoping for my happily ever after. I know this won't work and I'll just end up broken hearted but I'm still holding on. Wishing every shooting star in the galaxy would help me have my fairytale.

~~~

Just because I'm standing proud and strong doesn't mean I've never been broken before. I just know how to perfectly mask the pain that in the end all you could see is my blinding smile and my thunderous laugh, not the tears behind it.