93. Full Truth

I sat, cross legged, a small distance from Jake, Trudy, Neytiri, and a now resting Tsu'tey. The morphine eventually wore off, though it took longer than I expected. Tsu'tey is still annoyed with the brace on his leg but at least he can somewhat walk on it, I built it with enough stability. I know Tsu'tey too well, he would not accept hopping around or being forced to walk with a cane till his leg heals. I doubt any Na'vi man or woman would accept that so Tsu'tey's brace is also made out of the poles of my remaining arrows I did not use in battle. The metal canisters were safely emptied, I did that when everyone was asleep by going out the Caldera and near the explosion sight of the Shuttle.

I ran my hand down my bow, just staring up at The Tree of Souls, thinking over all that has happened in such a short time. I mourned for my new friend, Aw'anyi, who's body was found alongside her dead ikran on top of a small mountain. I hated that she sacrificed her life for my own, and now her people are leaderless. She had no children, as far as I am to understand, and the remaining Tawkami are trying to decide what is best to be done now. The Kekunan clan lended what aid they could to the now leaderless clan in sending off their now dead leader with the Na'vi ritual she would have wanted.

I visited and gently dropped an Atokirina on Aw'anyi's body, sending a prayer to Eywa that Aw'anyi find her place among the voices of the trees. It was only right, after everything Aw'anyi did for me. Many more search parties were sent out through the day as I moved about, tending to the weakest and the most in pain. I showed many Na'vi healer's the best way to remove bullets and watched way too many Na'vi who were beyond saving as the healers gave them what they call peace pulp. It was much like putting one too damaged out of their pain, like people taken off of Life Support on Earth. Those in agony fell quiet and peaceful before passing on.

I felt drained, exhausted, and confused. So much is going on in my mind. Is all of this real? Did Tsu'tey really tell me, in the Na'vi way, that he loves me? How did I survive when I wanted to give my life for Tsu'tey's? What does Eywa's message mean, the rest is up to me? Why can I no longer hear the All Mother's heartbeats through the roots? What changed?

.... Is this all some psychotic break in my mind? Is insane me outside my head wreaking havoc on the land? How could I know?

I couldn't. There is no way I could know.

I frowned as I watched the willow like strands sway in the wind. Exhaustion weighed down every inch of my body, but I was terrified to go to sleep. Through Eywa's odd message said I have a few more days, I can still feel the pain of my human body strongly across the Link, even now. I know that Norm is there right now, the Na'vi having used leaves and vines to bind over the open window and hide Toruk Makto from sight of predators. A few have set up camp there and there was a discussion on how to handle things from here. 

All I heard from others is that the reason Norm is at the trailer is some from the Horse Clans helped him drag his avatar there. I heard his avatar was fatally wounded and might not survive the night, but if Norm dragged his avatar there, he must think it can be healed in some way. There is more than enough supplies in my trailer to tend to avatars, I have no doubt Norm also salvaged what he could from the damaged trailer.

So everything is settled for the night, the battle over and won, the Na'vi and Eywa safe once more, I was overwhelmed by thoughts I tried to suppress from the battle.

Mostly the indescribable feeling of connecting with Eywa on a level I doubt any Na'vi or even The Daughter of Eywa before me has. I flinched lightly, closing my eyes tight at the whirlwind of fragmented memories of when every animal in this entire area was pressing against me, trying to force me down and show me that I was weak. That... powerful anger and need running through my veins that lended me the strength to overcome such pain is something I simply cannot explain, even to myself.