80. Hiding Place

I sat at the back of The Tree of Souls, like I did the night before, only this time I convinced Ca'lil to stay with the children in their huddle. I don't know if my lack of any movement terrified her or anything, I kind of hoped my avatar would at least provide her some comfort but I have no idea. Jake spread the word that, by now, Quaritch will have seen the numbers of Na'vi congregated here at The Tree of Souls and will act tomorrow. Plans and preparations were made to be ready to take off once the sun rose.

I was happy to see Solros return, well rested and belly full as he settled down a distance from me, curled up on the roots and lightly snoring as he got rest for tomorrow. While I rested last night, I had no plans to do so tonight. I only planned on leaving my avatar in early morning, well before the sun rose, to take my medicine before returning to get ready for battle. I bit into a juicy fruit, some of the food brought from other clans that was handed out to the Omaticaya as I sat with pieces for more arrows laid out around me. I asked Aw'anyi for some of the plant mixes and the pieces to put together some of the same arrows, only these are a bit more tricky, the ones I am making here. 

Instead of being the same type shown to the others, these have the specific mixes, only a lot stronger and more powerful. Such mixes are dangerous, so I mixed and made them myself. I did it many times before in TULTE. These mixes were used on the giant crossbow bolts positioned on the cliffs and mountains of TULTE, the very same combination that took out massive mech's as tall as buildings, missiles, and rather large low flying aircraft around TULTE.

I hope these same mixtures could take out A Dragon Assault Ship, though they are not quite in the same quantities that are put on the giant crossbows.

Or that it could take out a shuttle.

I learned  from Norm when he approached me in his avatar that Quaritch planned to obliterate The Tree of Souls with mining explosives loaded onto one of the large shuttle's that brought us all here from the spaceship. When I heard that Max had been telling them what he could from inside Hell's Gate, I worried for the sarcastic scientist. No doubt Quaritch has his eye close on the science department of Hell's Gate. Max apparently told Jake and the other's that Quaritch shut off all power to the Link area before locking the wood lodge that holds the avatar's.

I kind of wondered if Selfridge was even in control of Hell's Gate anymore, or if he too got locked up somewhere in Quaritch's mission to take out the threat, which is us.

I sighed as I carefully poured the right amounts of the dry, crushed yellow leaves into the canisters of my original arrows, which were emptied so the Tawkami could study the mix. I knew the leather bags would be able to handle this potent mixture without possible bursting while I am hold them, which is part of why I did not tell of these to Aw'anyi or the others. Unless they have a way to make reinforced canisters, like these, then I might have told them but, from what I have seen, the Na'vi do not know how to make such things.

So I was sitting here making ten highly dangerous arrows that could blast apart metal like tissue paper. But, I have made these for the giant crossbow bolts before, only now I have to lower the amounts. It's these that really make other countries fear war with TULTE, that so could have something so deadly that has no power, or gunpowder in it.

I tightened the canisters lid on tight to make sure the pressure of the gas did not escape as I shook the mixture thoroughly before laying the metal canister over the hot coal in a clay bowl that Aw'anyi handed me. After explaining to her why I did not show this to them, she understood that is is too dangerous without these canisters, but helped me set up a place to put them together myself before leaving.

Aw'anyi is rather nice for having not known her long, she seems to understand my words before I even say them in a way that mildly freaks me out to be honest, but past that, she is a rather nice person. With her clan's advancements in chemicals, it is easier to speak to her before such things. Last I heard from her, at least half of the ikran and pa'li riders across all camps have three or two of either set of arrows, which made me a touch more hopeful.