Chapter 9

Rishabh couldn't sleep at nights and all he could think about was Aadhya. He doesn't want to think about her but he doesn't know how he ends up thinking about her. He tried to relax himself saying that he was just curious about her but he knows it was not just the curiosity.

It was something more and he doesn't want to think about it.

He wonders how can someone can effect his life so much when he doesn't even know anything about her and it has been just 3 months she joined in the office.

He came to the office early today as he had some important work to do and he was even before Aadhya. She is the first one who comes to the office along with one or two other staff as she leaves early.

He shrugged off all the thoughts and tried to concentrate on his work. After sometime, he left his work and stood up. He went outside and roamed around the office.

While coming back to his cabin, he stopped at Aadhya's desk. He observed her desk which was plain just like her and he turned to leave when he got bumped into Aadhya who just arrived.

She stepped backwards with the sudden contact and was about to fall but Rishabh holds her from falling. She gasped looking at him and he balanced themselves by wrapping his arm around her waist.

Aadhya doesn't know what's happening but she felt different. She was never close to any boy in her life except her family and she doesn't know how to feel when a handsome boy is holding her.

Her body felt like fire in his arms and she was staring at his face while Rishabh felt like his heart strings has been pulled. He had been close to many girls but never he felt such an effect from any girl.

He looked into her eyes and he felt a familiar feeling looking at them. It's not like he had never seen her eyes but they were always empty and never held any emotion. She is looking at him intently with a strange emotion and he was lost in her eyes.

Suddenly, Aadhya was snapped out of her reverie and moved away from him making him want to pull her towards him but he didn't. He looked at her eyes and they were back like before empty.

" Sorry, I didn't see you." He said awkwardly.

" It's okay Sir, it's my mistake too.....By the way, what are doing so early here?" She asked him.

" I am working on the presentation for that important deal." He said walking into his cabin and she followed him.

" Sir, can I ask you something?" She hesitated.

" Yes, ofcourse." He said sitting in his chair.

" You have employees to do the work and you can order them to do presentations for you. Why do you stress yourself so much by doing everything for yourself?" She asked puzzled making him sigh.

" Do you think that these people who are here only for money will give their 100% in the presentation? No Aadhya, people here do work only for the namesake. They do their work for how much they are paid and just get out of here. They don't invest their time and hardwork for the welfare of the company." He said.

" Then why did you even hired such people?" She asked.

" I didn't hire them. They are here even before I came here and I can't remove them until their contacts are over and for that also I don't have the sole rights." He said.

" You are the CEO of the company, you have rights." She said and he laughed.

" This is not my company Aadhya. This company belongs to someone else who is not in a position to handle office affairs right now and I have only some part of shares on my name in this company. My dad has appointed me as CEO and gave the responsibility by telling me to take care of the company as my own. I am just doing my job." He said staring off into the distance.