Chapter 6

Aadhya was early today to complete the pending work as yesterday she went away abruptly from the office from afternoon.

She got a call from school saying that Aman was crying continuously and she went away without even giving a proper reason to her boss.

She picked up Aman from school and went home straight. He fell asleep in her arms and when he got up, she asked him the reason for his crying. He said that during the sleeping period, when he slept he got the nightmare and that's why he cried as he was scared.

She pacified him and spent whole day with him playing and talking.

" Aadhya, in my office." She heard her boss and before she could reply he stormed away.

" Sir?" She called.

" Do you have a valid reason for going away from office like that? You just said that you need to go and before I can understand what you said you were already out." He asked calmly.

" Sorry for my behavior sir, but there was an emergency at home and that's why I had to hurry up." She said softly.

He saw helplessness in her eyes.

" And about the pending work?" He asked changing the topic.

" I am doing it sir, I have come 1 hour early today so that I can finish the pending work." She said.

" Okay......you may go now." He dismissed her.

If only he could know what's bothering her so much.

******

Aadhya looked at the girl who is taunting Anjali and Gowri who were looking down embarrassed. This girl whose name she doesn't know is criticising their fashion sense in front of everyone.

Some people laughed at them, some people looked at them with pity and some didn't care at all but no one took a stand for them.

She heard from others about this girl who works as the head of the production department and considers herself as the super model. She even heard that she tells everyone that she is the favourite employee of Rishabh.

Aadhya frowned when that girl is coming towards her and looked at her directly.

" So you are the new girl?" She asked scanning Aadhya from top to bottom.

" No, I am not new. It's been already a month since I joined here." Aadhya stated blankly which earned some snickers.

" Watch out what you say to me if you want your job." She snarled.

" Who are you?" Aadhya asked with a straight face which earned laughs.

" What? You don't know me!" That girl screeched.

" No." Aadhya replied.

" Look girl, you cannot talk to me like that.....do you even know who I am? I can ruin your career......." She was going on saying but Aadhya cut her off.

" Look miss, I don't want to know anything about you as I have more important work than to know about you. So if you please excuse me now, I am getting late for the meeting." Aadya spoke blankly.

" What's happening here?"

They heard the voice and turned to see Rishabh standing there irritated.

" Sir, see how rudely she is talking to me. She doesn't even have some respect for the senior and talking back at me." That girl complained putting the most innocent girl face on.

" Ms.Aadhya?" He looked at her frowning for explanation.

" Mr. Malhotra, this discussion is not  more important than a meeting, we are getting late and I have to arrange the conference room also." Saying this Aadya took off to conference room.