Chapter 39

Rishabh sat on the couch looking down scared while Aadhya continued to glare.

" I thought you were sick!" She exclaimed angrily.

" I am sick!" He exclaimed back.

" But you doesn't seem so." She said gritting her teeth.

" I was tired of sleeping on the bed the whole day.....I just took a break." He said.

" And why is my son here?" She asked.

" I wanted to see him and called Harish to bring him here as Aman was also alone at home." He clarified.

This seems to soften her but again she threw daggers at him.

" Why didn't you reply to my messages?" She asked hotly.

" You messaged me?" He frowned and looked for his phone here and there.

He smiled at her sheepishly and ran to his room to bring his phone.

" Sorry I kept it to charge and forgot while playing the games." He said scratching his neck.

She huffed and walked towards him. She kept her hand on his forehead and neck to check if he has fever. She gasped when she felt the temperature.

" You are burning!" She said worried.

" Yeah...." He doesn't know what to say.

She took his hand and walked to his room holding Aman with another hand. She made him sleep and covered him with duvet.

" Did you take medicines?" She asked and he looked at her wide eyed as he forgot to take them.

She shook her head at him and walked out to kitchen leaving Aman with Rishabh.

She started making some chicken soup and also cleaned up the mess  created by Rishabh and Aman in the kitchen and living room. In between she also checked on both of them who were playing and laughing.

When the soup is cooked, she took a bowl and poured the soup into it. She kept some water in a glass and soup bowl in a tray and walked towards his room. When she reached there, she saw Rishabh making some wierd faces at the giggling Aman and raised her brows at them.

" Come on drink this soup and take medicines." She said handing him the bowl.

Rishabh looked at the bowl and then looked pouting at her.

" What?" She asked.

" I don't want to eat." He grumbled.

" Stop acting like a kid and eat." She said sternly while Aman looked at them smiling.

" No!" He whined and pushed away the bowl.

" Rishabh!" She warned but he didn't budge.

" You need to take medicines and for that you should eat something." She said slowly like she is talking to a kid.

" I don't have energy, I just want to sleep." He whined and she looked at him perplexed while Aman laughed at his whining.

" You had energy to play games but you don't have energy to eat food?" She asked exasperated and he looked at her sheepishly.

" Will you eat if I feed you?" She asked and he grinned at her nodding his head excitingly.

She sighed and sat beside him on the bed. She mixed the contents in the bowl and carefully took a spoonful. She blew the air on it and took it near his mouth. He opened his mouth and she fed him. In between she wiped his mouth with a napkin and continued to feed him.