Chapter 25: Bonding

LUX BONTERI

Ahsoka finally stopped crying after a few minutes in Lux's arms.

"There, there," he said, "See everything will be fine."

"Well, with you, it always feels that way," Ahsoka said, resting on Lux's lap.

"I feel the same with you, you know. I... you're my everything, 'Soka. I love you."

"I know. When I'm with you, Lux I feel so... so peaceful... Lux, you mean everything to me, and I will do anything to keep you safe.'

Ahsoka pulled Lux down into a kiss.

That feeling of kissing her... oh that never gets old, Lux thought.

They stared dreamily into each others eyes and smiled.

"I wish you could stay," Lux said,

"I wish I could stay too. But I can't. I have too many friends in the Jedi Order, and... I can't give up my path. If I left, I would be giving up too much. I trust them."

Lux's face looked down.

"Well," he said, "I guess we should make the most of our time here."

"I would love to."

Ahsoka sat up for another kiss.

AHSOKA TANO

Something was bothering Ahsoka. When she was with Lux, it was easy enough to forget it. But when they weren't with each other, it felt like the force was really trying to nag at her. She hoped it had nothing to do with her relationship with Lux. Loving him felt like it was the best thing she did, but she knew it wasn't. She had broken a code she swore her life to. But she could hide it. Anakin had believed her lies, and, so long as they were careful around each other in public, they would be just fine.

Ahsoka and Lux decided to stay at the Unifar Temple and have lunch there. Lux had a royal banquet set up for them in his room. Ahsoka looked in amazement as she saw all the delicious food. It was some of her favorite cuisine, along with a small Jogan Fruit Cake to top it off for desert.

"Oh Lux, you didn't!" Ahsoka said.

"Yes, yes I did," replied Lux.

"Did you have this set up for me?"

"Of course!"

"Won't people be a bit suspicious if a senator orders a banquet for a Jedi friend?"

"Relax, they don't know."

They both laughed.

Ahsoka quickly gorged down on her food. Togrutas were known to be voracious eaters.

"Mmm... this is good!" Ahsoka said between bites.

"I know, right? It's amazing, just like you."

"Aww, thanks!"

Lux had a habit of unnecessarily complimenting Ahsoka. But it was nice either way. It really made her feel a lot better.

After only a handful of minutes, Ahsoka's food was gone, while Lux hadn't even finished eating half his meal. He laughed, and Ahsoka laughed with him.

"I wish every day could be like this," Ahsoka said.

"I know, but... I'm a senator, and you're a Jedi. We have our jobs to do."

"Yeah..."

It made Ahsoka sad that she could not stay on Onderon for much longer. But what time she had with Lux, she would cherish it. And if it was the will of the force, they would find each other again someday.