24- Background Story Told

Start from the beginning

"How are you doing? I know you didn't get much sleep but you should eat first so your body can heal faster." Chan smiles as he laid the bowel on the nightstand and pulled up a stool to sit beside me.

"Thank you." I smiled as I tried to sit up, but the pain in my abdomen was still unbearable. "Don't get up! The soup is still really hot so no need to get up so fast. Just rest right now." He assures me as concern filled his eyes. "Chan?" I looked at him seriously. "Can you tell me the background story behind all of you guys?"

Chan scratches his head, unsure if he should say anything. "We think you might be in the same situation as us. Are you alright to hear about what really happened to your parent and to us?" I simply nodded as I mentally prepared myself for the truth behind everything. "Okay then..."

"It all started with a small cult that grew into an enormous mafia-like group. They are everywhere around the world, they're just living behind shadows. But they all have one big leader that they all follow under. And sadly, that leader is in this town.

Their rules are simple, yet difficult to follow. Once you enter their kingdom, you can never leave. The only way you're going to leave is by death. The second rule is to never fall in love, in the group or outside the group because the whole kingdom is made out of people who were abandoned and never loved by anyone.

All of our parents or parent was involved in this group. My dad joined when he was abandoned by his parents at a young age, but as he grew older into adulthood, he fell in love when he traveled to the city and that was when he tried to escape the group, but he was sadly killed along with my mom just a few years ago.

The same happened to the other guys as well. Minho and Chaya, both of their parents were involved, but their parents fell in love and barely escaped. Once you escape, they will send teams after you and everyone you love.

For Felix, only his dad was involved but they still went after his mom. Seungmin's mom was involved but they still went after his dad too. They're extremely dangerous to mess with because of their brutality to kill all of your loved ones.

I'm not sure if only your dad was involved or only your mom was involved. Or maybe both of them was involved.

After our parents left, they already knew each other by being in the cult together. So they decided to join as a team and call themselves 'StrayKnights'. Which symbolizes them straying away from the Devil's Dark Knights. But all of them had been killed, so all their children have taken over and we renamed ourselves 'StrayKids'.

Now it's our duty to take revenge on our—"

Tears of fear and anger ran down the side of my face as Chan stopped to let me process everything. "H-how can there be such a group like that to exist?" I exclaimed as I looked up at Chan. He just shook his head and shrugged.

We both jumped to the sound of Seungmin's shout at the others from the other room. A few moments later, all of the boys burst into the room. "Elise!!" Felix ran over and kneeled beside the bed. "Are you okay?! Can you still breathe properly?! Do you still feel pain?! Do you still remember us?!" He breathed heavily.

I just slowly nodded as I scanned all of the boys expressions. "What's going on now?" I asked nervously.

"Chan." Seungmin waves Chan over and whispers something into his ears. Chan gasped loudly and quickly covers his mouth as he looks at me with fear in his eyes.

"You guys are scaring me! What's wrong?" I demanded as more tears rushed down my face. "Elise....there's something that we are all involved in." Felix calms down a bit to explain. "The Devils Dark Knights. Chan told me the story."

"How much did Chan tell you?" Felix asked as he kept his eyes on me. "He told me about the group and how all of our parents were murdered because they all escaped...." My sentence trailed off as their expressions changed.

"It's time for me to tell you the rest, and what danger you might be in right now." Felix sighed as he sat down on the stool that Chan sat it.

"You're poisoned....severely poisoned by the most powerful and brutal poison I know." Felix slowly told me as his eyes shown major concern.

"You were poisoned my the Devil's Dark Knights poison. I don't know how you're still alive but that poison can torture and kill you in four hours."

My eyes widened as I peered down to my abdomen. "Then how am I still alive?" I asked in confusion. "We don't know either. We weren't the ones to create it." Felix sighs.

"Elise....all of our parents left some type of note behind for us. It has secrets and other information we need to know on how to defeat the leader. Do you know if your parents left you a note?" I shook my head as I tried my hardest to think. "It could be hidden somewhere in my house. I'm just not sure where."

Felix turned around to look at the boys. "You guys go check Elise's house for the notes." Felix turns back to look at me.

"I'll stay here with Elise."

****************
Here's the long awaited chapter!!! I'm so slow at updating!

Life is a pain sometimes!