40- Happiness Doesn't Exist

Me, Changbin, Chan, and two other people dressed in black had stayed behind in the hidden tunnel as we waited. We continued to hear screams and cries, which made my stomach flip every time because I was scared it was going to be one of the boys.

Metal rubbing and clashing against metal, gunshots going off, and hearing things fly through the air. Truly a traumatizing event that I will never forget.

"Elise? You okay?" Chan asked worriedly. "Never better." I said through gritted teeth. "Why do you sound so mad?" Changbin questions as he looked from me to Chan for an answer. "I'm not mad, I'm just really nervous." I sighed as my eyes went back and stayed glued to the exit of the tunnel.

~~~~

We waited for quite a long time before everything seemed to suddenly quite down. "Hey, is there anyway we get to see what's going on out there without opening the door? Is there a secret window or hole?" I asked one of the people in black. "The only way is by opening the door." They motioned their head towards the door.

Without hesitation, my feet began to move and my hand extended out to open the door. "What are you doing?!" Changbin quickly grabs my arm before I could push open the door.

"I'm only cracking it open to see what's going on." I shook off his hand and proceeded to open the door. Changbin didn't stop me this time as I slowly creaked the door open to the tiniest crack.

The giant throne room was slightly right of the door, but it was still a huge opening for me to see a large part of the room. A huge sigh left my mouth in relief as I saw the boys standing around an older man kneeling on the ground of the stairs. I felt the others presence slowly approach and stand behind me to see what was going on as well.

"You think there's only one ruler to this Kingdom?" The man on the floor laughed out loud as he looked up at Felix who was in front of him. "We will find each and every one of them until there is not one of you guys left in this world." Felix replied as he kneeled down to the mans height.

"The very first leader is going to be you." Felix extended his hand out to one of the members, which placed a sword in his hand. "This sword is made especially for you, drowned in our signature poison that is stronger and deadlier than your own concoction." Felix swung the sword in his wrist like it was a twig.

Felix then leaned close to the mans ear and whispered something too soft for us to hear. Once Felix leaned back to an upright position, he shot the sword into the man before standing up.

It didn't take much time before the man had collapsed to the ground and was gone. Instantly, my feet took off and I ran to Felix.

"Felix!" He quickly turned around and quickly caught me as I flung my arms around him. "Are you okay?!" I frantically scanned him for injures. "Don't worry, just a few scratches and cuts." A tired look appeared on his face.

"That's good!" I sighed relieved. "I thought I told you to wait till I come and get you guys?" Felix raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms. "I went with my instincts and my feet automatically ran out to you." I smirked as I copied Felix's stance. "Alright." He just laughed as he looked behind me.

"Where are the others?" Felix questions as we all turned around to see no one coming out of the tunnel. "We'll go check." A group, including most of the other StrayKids members, went to go check. It was only me, Felix and Seungmin that stuck behind.

As they walked over to the tunnel, I turned around to look at the surrounding of hundreds of dead bodies and blood smeared everywhere. I looked up the stairs to see it lead to a giant throne where the leader would have sat.

"Guys!" Shouts from the hallway filled the room. I quickly turned around to see what the commotion was until I heard rustling behind me and Felix. I quickly turned back around and saw an injured guy with a raised dagger in his hands, aimed at Felix.

"Felix!!" With no hesitation, I pushed Felix to the side and felt the dagger go through my chest.

Felix's Pov
It felt like it was a slow motion movie. "Felix!!" Was the last thing I heard before Elise harshly pushed me to the side. I had turned around just to see a long dagger pierce into Elise. Instantly, I picked up a sword beside me and completely killed the guy.

"Elise...?!" I turned around and caught Elise as we both dropped to the ground. "No....no....why?" I cried as I saw blood slowly spread throughout her clothing.

"Felix...." Elise breathed heavily as she looked down to the dagger stuck in her chest. "Th-There's so much pressure." Tears rolled down her face as she kept looking at the dagger.

I examined the dagger, which only brought more tears to my face as it was one of our own. It was soaked in our poison.

"You're going to be okay! I promise!" My heart dropped as Elise coughed up blood. "Felix...." She raised her hand up and wiped my tears with her thumb. "I'm scared." I held her hand up with mine as tears rushed down her face. "Don't be scared, I'm right here." I tried to comfort her as I wiped her tears.

She coughed up more blood and became more limp as the minutes went by. "We need to transfer her to a hospital right now!" Seungmin looked over Elise's condition. "Right now!!" Seungmin commanded. "Hyunjin! You're in charge! Seungmin! I need you to go back to the house and bring the antidote!" I grunted as I lifted Elise up and rushed to our car outside.

A few of the members dressed in black ran outside with us and offered to drive us out of the forest and to the hospital. I hopped in the back with Elise and tried whatever I could do to help keep Elise stabilized until we arrived at the hospital.

"Felix...." Elise leaned over and laid her head on my shoulder. She proceeded to place her hand on top of mine as she continued to breath heavily.

"Before it's too late, I need to tell you something." She stopped momentarily and gasp for more air. "You have to aways be safe and healthy, but most importantly.....be happy." More tears streamed down her face before she closed her eyes and her hands fell from mine.

I looked down at her laying motionlessly beside me as tears streamed down my face. I picked her hand up in mine and held it tightly.

"Happiness doesn't exist in this world anymore."