Chapter twenty - Bad habit

“Good morning, princess.” He greets politely.

From what I can see on him, he only has his black Calvin Klein briefs and his black singlet on for covering. The remaining parts of his body come up exposed to my eyes, his muscled arms and from his mid-thigh downward exposed with thick muscles and long dark hair from his knee downwards.

“Morning,” I reply, feeling a little disconnected and suspicious suddenly. “What are you doing?” I step away from the door, but not going anywhere close to me. I tighten my hands around the white towel I have on, which barely covers much.

He smiles widely, “I’m drawing you a warm bath.” he runs his hand through the water in the tub and I stand still and watch him. After a while he looks up at me, “it is warm enough, undress and gets in.”

“While you are still here?” I ask, my tone rising nervously as I speak. And this makes him get up from the tub and I properly stare at him.

There is a humorous look on his face, as though what I just said was funny, “I’ve seen you naked many times, Vary-sha, but you can bath yourself when I’m gone.”

He’s about to take his first step out when I ask, “Why are you here?” in a low voice, it becomes a whisper towards the end, but he hears and looks at me.

“What do you mean?” He asks, his brow rising interestingly.

I ask again, this time elaborating the question so he understands me. “Why aren’t you gone like three days ago? Why are you still here and why are you drawing me a warm bath?”

He breathes down slowly and shakes his head weakly, “I shouldn’t have left three days ago, I should have stayed and drawn you a warm bath to help ease the soreness you may have had and I know I can’t take it back, but I hope you can forgive me.”

I remember my first time three days ago, after the night I spent with him, I didn’t know what to do with the soreness and aches and I used a cold shower and I spent the rest of the morning regretting and in pain. And when Levi called, he noticed the discomfort in my voice and I had to tell him the reason for my discomfort. He told me I should have used a warm bath instead and after following his instruction I felt better.

I would have said Keenan helping is nice and thoughtful if he hadn’t told me all he wanted was sex with me and nothing else earlier. We are like sex buddies except we are married, and it’s even more complicated because I love and want more from him. His gesture would only give my heart room to hope when it shouldn’t and wish for more than it has.

“You should not be apologising.” I walk past him to the tub and run my hand through the water and felt its warmth. “You don’t owe me anything once we finish with love- having sex,” I explain.

Keenan's brawny arms wrap around me and I’m pulled back so my back rests against his chest. I felt tiny being held this way by him. “Until you no longer feel pain when we have sex, I think I owe it to you to make you feel better whichever way possible.”

His fingers crawl up to the little towel around me and he pulls it down and I’m exposed to his eyes once again, but I can’t fight it. I don’t want to fight this feeling anymore. I want him to make me feel better physically.

He scoops me into his arms and lowers me into the tub, and seals my lips with a fevered kiss before pulling away to take a bar of soap and rub it on my body. His fingers sing beautifully on the skin of my leg and he slowly works his way up, lathering my body with the foam. I bite my lips as he draws closer to the spot where I’m aching for him even though I’m sore and weak from what we had this morning.

I bite my lips and close my eyes as he rubs his hand over my button, down to my entrance, and the sting of his fingers makes me flinch a little and hiss out in pain. And my eyes open.