Chapter three - You know better

A week later,

As Varisha makes her way from the restroom, Max, her supervisor, falls into line with her. Max, being her supervisor, is a five feet eleven inches tall male. He is wearing a long sleeve, a navy blue sweater on a white shirt and trousers. He’s keeping an extremely low haircut and a full beard just like the one Keenan keeps only his own, making him look even more terrifying than she wants him to be.

Vary didn’t need to be slapped twice in the face to know that Max didn’t like her and she wishes she could change that. She thought the male was a little friendly, but here he is making her life a living hell and not feeling bad about it and she wonders why everyone referred to female supervisors as hard and bitchy when she has the bitchiest one of them all.

‘Oh, kill me now?!’ She groans inwardly and her eyes flutter close for a minute.

“Be careful what you wish for young lady.” Comes Max's witty response and Vary almost glares at him... Almost.

Sighing deeply from the frustration yet trying to be polite, Vary asks, “What do I owe your presence? It’s not every time I get so lucky to have you talking to me.”

He scoffs and rolls his eyes, “Keep your smart mouth to yourself, the boss wants this reviewed and brought to him tomorrow morning,” he says, handing her documents and with the weight of it, she knows it’s a fifty-paged work.

“There’s no way I’ll be able to read all this today alone, much more review it!” She exclaims helplessly.

“Just one week in and you’re already cramping? If it’s too much work for you, then better resign!”

He’ll love that, wouldn’t he?

Rumours were that he had recommended a few for my job a week ago and none of them got picked, only Vary was and so he’s angry and taking that anger on her. He’s hoping to make her life a living hell so she’ll throw in the towel and she’ll be damned if she gives him that satisfaction!

“All I’m saying is there are other analysts that are less busy and you can assign this review to them instead of pushing it down my throat. I only hand two hands.” She explains.

He doesn’t listen to her reasonable explanation, “If the founding fathers had started with whining, complaining and procrastinating, this great nation would not exist today!” He snaps back.

“The boss likes you last I heard, so he would expect that you make him proud!” He mocked and walks away from her.

She grits her teeth and her hands ball into a tight fist before marching into her small office.

Once in her office, she drops the files in her hand down on her desk and takes her seat. She groans and slams her fist on the desk in anger.

If anyone had said her life would be a living hell a week ago when she got this job she wouldn’t believe it and if someone had told her the person who would give her hell wouldn’t be her employer, she would probably have looked at that person crazily. But here she is going through hell with someone who wasn’t her boss!

Well, he’s kinda your boss since his position is higher than yours and he’s also your supervisor.

That means the boss.

“Well, I wish that two-faced smug wasn’t my supervisor!” she cusses aloud.

“First week in and you’re already cussing?” Comes Keenan's startled voice makes Varisha turn around so quick she almost loses her balance on my feet.

Her heart best doubles as she realises Keenan was in her office and also that she had cussed and complained about my supervisor and he heard me. All these thoughts going through her head is already giving her panic attacks.