Chapter thirty - The bad and the terrible

When my eyes open again, I find myself in a bathtub and although my eyes are kind of blurred, I can hear the voices of both Rebecca and Judith and hands all over my body, washing and scrubbing me. Fear rises in me, not for being naked or being washed, but for what I might have done subconsciously. My body shakes violently and I struggle to get out of the tub even when I see nothing.

“Mr Hilton, please stay still. We are almost through with bathing you.” Judith’s voice comes up to say as she fetches a bowl of warm water and pours it onto my head without warning me and I gasp out taking deep breaths and almost choking.

“Queste persone vogliono uccidermi (These people want to kill me),” I mumble out.

I wipe my face open quickly to ask, “Where’s Vary?”

“Mrs Hilton said she had a meeting with the board and we should bathe you and help you sober up,” Rebecca explains, taking the towel and rubbing my cheat and going down my waist and then down below to my crotch.

I grab onto her hand before it can touch me there and get up from the tub, hissing out in anger, “You will not harass me in my home! Did Vary put you two up to this? Seduce me so she can feel less guilty going out with that guy, that actor right?” I yank a dry towel from the hanger close to the tub and I wrap it around myself.

The two maids shake their heads in denial, wearing an innocent look on their faces.

I’ll be damned if they are innocent. They are the devil in disguise! They want to torture me and Vary permitted them to.

“The warm bath is to help you sober up, sir. You were drunk, and you threw up, before passing out.” Rebecca speaks in a quiet voice, “Mrs Hilton felt worried you might get sick so she asked us to give you a bath before leaving.”

I felt guilty and hissed. I throw my face away, suddenly remembering everything and feeling ashamed because I know I should be better than how I acted.

I didn’t mean to turn to whiskey, but I had somehow overcome my troubles and it was my last resort.

I don’t want to be like one of those men that spend their whole life drinking; I want to be better. And I want to change.

“Leave the two of you, I want to be alone.” The girls nod and walk out of the bathroom. “Go to the bar and help me take out all the alcoholic drinks.”

“Okay, sir,” they both replied before leaving.

I must have made a mess of myself before Vary; I have embarrassed her with how I acted this morning, and she probably hates me with all her might. My eyes shut in pain, partly for the headache I’m having and for the feeling of being lost. I’m pretty sure that after this morning, Vary now has a good reason to go out on a date with someone better and to leave me.

After spending the next hour regretting my actions and thinking, I arrive at one way to get Vary back.

When I hear a knock on the door, I walk out of my room to the living room. Downstairs is Rebecca talking with George and there’s a smile on her face that I can understand and it only comes one way, so George is flirting with her or he’s flirting with her.

“She’s under my protection, George,” I tell him and he looks up the stairs and sees me watching him.

He grins widely, “Hey, Mr Hilton, I am just telling your maid here how pretty she is.”

“She doesn’t like nerds.” I point out with a stern voice, Rebecca may be my maid, but she’s also my responsibility and I will not leave her vulnerable and unprotected so guys like George, who is neither cold nor hot, can prey on her naïve mind.