Chapter six - The unthinkable

KEENAN decided to choose a restaurant with less crowd so he could have some food without anyone sneaking up on him and taking pictures of him.

One of the curses of being a Hilton was the fact that he couldn't have a normal social life without being tailed and followed by cameras and though he's less wild now compared to when he was a teenager, he still does not appreciate the unnecessary attention he gets sometimes.

If there was a way he could change and live a normal life, he'll gladly do it so that he could have a little bit of privacy. But he's not going to be a hypocrite because being born as a Hilton has given him many privileges and the ability to change and help a lot of people who needed it, but there are things many people don't know though.

One of them is the fact that money doesn't bring peace, if anything, it brings chaos because everyone thinks you're supposed to be okay. After all, you're rich, and it brings uncertainty because you don't know who is around you only because of what you have.

That's why growing up he kept around a small group of friends and when he met Rory, they clicked because they were alike and though he doesn't know what has happened to their friendship because of what's going on with Taylor, he knew he could once count on him and now he has no idea what he knows anymore.

He needs his friend though, he missed him, he's glad that he's got Vary still around at least that one honest person in his corner and he thinks that that's enough.

If there was anything Vary hated most in her life it was being around people who weren't her class because she always felt out of place with them and as they walk into the restaurant, she feels the same way.

She isn't one to be easily intimidated but that's she feels, standing beside Keenan who is not only much taller but way better in every way. They seemed like two different pairs not only are they different, but their differences are incomparable.

He is the open display of glamour and she is just Vary another ordinary girl, even Taylor is a better match. No, Taylor is a perfect match compared to her. She's his league, class, his status. Vary is black, Keenan is Italian, she's struggling to get everything she had and he probably got everything handed to him since he was a baby.

That is why she and Levi are perfect for each other because while they are different in many ways, Levi always does his best to fill that gap up and make her feel equal to him with the little things he does.

When they finally get in, the waiter takes their orders and after a while, their meal is brought and they quietly eat.

Keenan picked the napkin and wipes his mouth before speaking, “So how's our love life going four years ago you were dating Drew, how are things now? Will you be getting wedding bells soon?” he begins to speak as he finishes his food.

How did he know about Drew, she can't remember telling him that four years ago or maybe she did and just can't remember.

She laughs hard in a hard manner and picks a clean white napkin from the tabletop and wipes her mouth as well.

From the look that just appeared on her face, he can see that her personal life is one she'd like to keep personal, but before he can say anything, she does. “Drew and I broke up two years ago, he cheated on me.”

Keenan's mouth slowly forms a surprised 'o' “I'm sorry, I thought he was the one you were referring to when you said you had a boyfriend.”

Her eyes move around in thought as she tries to recall when she said that as well and when she does, a wide grin spreads across her face and Keenan wonders why she is grinning “I was referring to Levi, he and I are dating now.”