Chapter 23

Everything seems endless, all Y/N sees is a black void of nothingness. Floating in an empty space without any direction to go. One might say they're stuck in a state of limbo.

'Am I dead? So I paid my price?'

'They say your life flashes before your eyes before dying but hey now I know that's not true.'

That is until he saw a small hint of light in the darkness. He followed it without a doubt. Just because that's the only source of light he can see in this darkness.

And just like that.....

Y/N's eyes beginning to flutter open. He adjusted to the brightness of the room before finally looking around. He can hear the sound of the heart monitoring machine on his left.

He tried to move his right arm but can't. He look to his right and sees a girl with brunette hair sleeping while holding his hand.

'Kim Minju Angel is that you?'

"ᴹᶦⁿᵐᶦⁿ⁻ᵃʰ ᴵ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ʷᵒᵏᵉⁿ ᵘᵖ."

He tried to sit down on the bed but immediately laid back down after he felt a sharp pain near his abdomen.

'Well at least I know I'm not dead with that pain.' He took a deep breath to calm the pain.

He heard rustling noise from his side and when he look to see if Minju have woken up from her sleep, his eyes are met with another pair of beautiful brown orbs.

"Hey beautiful. Good morning."

It didn't took long for Minju to process that Y/N has woken up. She immediately went close to him and showers him with kisses all over his face.

"Pabo!! I'm so worried about you! How can you just casually say good morning like nothing has happened!"

"Then what was I supposed to say? Hey I've come back from being dead. I had a good rest! Like that?" He tried joking with her but regretted it when he saw tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Minmin-ah... I'm just kidding... You must be worried abo--"

She hugs him. Snuggling up her face near his neck.

"Of course. I just lost my brother. I can't lose another person that I love so much."

"I'm sorry. I had to do everything to protect you. Sorry I made you worry so much." He rubs her head.

"I already told you don't leave me alone. So please stay with me."

"I'm not going anywhere Minmin and I really do love you and all but baby can you please back away because I think you're opening up my wound."

"Oh I'm sorry!" She quickly got up and check up on his stitchings. Thank goodness she didn't see any blood through the bandages.

"It's okay Minmin. How long have I been out?" Y/N tried to sit up once again. Minju help him get up and he can finally sat upright with his back against the backboard of the bed.

"Three days. Your parents just left earlier with my mom. Daehwi, Mark, and Yoojung also visited you yesterday." She poured a glass of water and gave it to him.

"Three days!? Damn that was scary. What happened after I passed out?" He takes a sip of the water.

*Knock knock*

A knock can be heard from the door. Two gentlemen then walked in. By the fit, Y/N can tell that the two men are detectives.

"Ah! What a surprise Mr. Song. You're awake now. I'm Detective Kim and this is Detective Lee. We're from the Gangnam Police Department.