Chapter 0

The Year 2020

On a sunny day, people can be seen coming together and forming a crowd near a building. Some of them are in a state of panic and some of them are trying to stay calm while facing an unexpected situation.

Above the 5 story building is a girl. Standing on the edge, probably waiting for the right time to jump off of it. She looked sad, it seems like she's been through a lot.

"Has anyone called the police or the fire department or anything!!??"
"Oh gosh please don't jump miss!"
"Yahh get your camera out! We got to film this."
"I've called the fire department. They'll be here in ten minutes."
"What do we do? Ten is a long time! She could jump off anytime!"

A bit further away from the crowd of people is a man enjoying his afternoon walk with a cup of ice coffee in his hand. Of course, the loud noises coming from the crowd attracted his attention towards it.

He walks closer and saw the girl up above.
"My lunchtime is not even over and I have to start my duty...ughhh." He muttered before walking into the building.

"Hey you, security guard! You already know about the situation outside?" He asked the guard. "Yes, we already called the fire department." A sweat can be seen dripping down his forehead, talk about one tough workday.

"You have the access to the roof?" The man asked once again. "Yes I do but I think we should wai-" "Take me up there." He interrupted the security guard by showing something to him. "You? Ah I see let's go, I'll take you up."

The guard then proceeded to escort the man going up to the rooftop. It only took about a few minutes for both of them to reach the top. "I'll take it from here. You just go back down and brief the fire department when they get here." The guard gave him a worried look. "Are you sure you can handle this yourself?"

The man smiled. "I can." He then opened the door and he saw the girl still standing on the edge, she's wearing a school uniform. "Hello, lovely weather we have today isn't it?" He softly greeted the girl from behind.

His soft greeting apparently didn't work well since the girl's body jerk after hearing the sudden voice from behind her. Luckily she regained her balance. "Woah there student..calm down..." He tried to keep his composure.

"Who're you!? Get away from me!! I swear I'll jump!!!"  The girl's face says it all, she's confuse, scared, sad, hurt. All of that can be seen plastered on her face.

But there's something else can be seen. The girl also looked like she doesn't really want to do this. Probably he can still talk her away from proceeding to jump.

"How about you just calm down and come to me. I'll treat you to some food." The man is staying awfully calm considering his situation right now. "I don't even know who you are!! Go away! I swear I'm going to jump off." Once again the girl threatened to jump.

He stayed quiet, backing a few steps from the girl. The next thing he said is probably the last thing the girl wants to hear.

"Then, jump." He gestured the girl to do it.

"W-wh-what!!??? You're telling me to j-j-jump off!!??" The girl is even more confused now. "Or probably you should choose a less messy method? It'll be hard for the people to clean up your mess afterwards." Normal people would've thought he's crazy for saying that in front of a suicidal person.

The girl just stayed quiet. Not uttering a word after he said that. "I know you don't want to do this. Come on down, we'll talk about it. By the way... what's your name?" He nonchalantly asked the girl.

He can see it clearly from her expression, she probably just needs someone to talk to. Being the man he is now, he can't just not care and do nothing.

"Lee...Lee Minji." She answered. When he heard that name he was surprised himself. 'Wow even your name is almost similar...' He thought in his head. "Minji yah.. I'm Detective Song Y/N of the Gangnam Police Department." He showed his ID to her.

Sirens can be heard not too far from where they are, looks like the rescue workers are on their way.

"We now at least know each other's name right? Come on, come down from the edge." The girl was hesitant to come down at first but after looking again at his face, she can feel he's being honest about helping her. "I won't judge your reason for wanting to do this. I just don't want anybody to get hurt."

She then finally steps down.

He went closer to her. She thought he's going to forcefully grab her but instead he hugged her and slowly patted her back. "This is something that someone once told me. It's good to have someone to hug if you're having a bad time." She tried to respond back to him but she just break down into tears. "W-w-who s-s-said t-th-that?" She's sobbing so much.

"Just... somebody that I used to know... Please Minji, every life in this world is precious. Keep on fighting." He wipes the tears on her face. "I-it's not l-like I did it because I really wanted to die. I just wanted to escape. Any place without them would be okay." Minji said.

"Let's go down. Want me to call your parents?" She nodded her head. When both of them reach down the paramedics rush to her just in case she's hurt, but Y/N quickly dismissed them telling she's okay.

He thought it's probably a good thing to get Minji away from the people. He just pulled her to his car that was parked a few blocks away and drove to the police station.

Y/N settled the issue without any hitch. He met with Minji's parents and explained what happened to them. He also successfully made Minji tell them her worries, she's like this because of peer pressure. Her parents doesn't know that she's being bullied, Y/N glad she told them. Now they can solve this problem as a family.

----------

"Thank you again Detective! We can never repay your deed to our family." The parents and the girl bowed to Y/N before they leave the station. "It's okay. I'm just doing the right thing." He also bowed to them.

He really hope they will take the right action. Good people doesn't deserve to be treated badly. He already gave his card to Minji just in case she needs any help.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Meeting that girl today really make me miss you so much....."

_____________________________________________
.
.
.
.
.

This is a fictional story. Don't take anything too serious.

I'm not sure how sad and angsty I want to be. I'll decide as I update the book. Or I'll just do cringey cheesy love story like I always do. Who knows?

That's all for Chapter 0. I hope you'll enjoy this story.

P.S I'm under attack by ENOZI earlier please send help!