Chapter 20

The blue sky is now painted with orange. The sun is going down early at this time of the year. The students that were exploring Busan earlier are now returning to the villa resort.

"I hope you all have fun today and I'm glad nobody got hurt and all of you returned safely." The head teacher gather them around.

"You can have your dinner and use the facilities around the resort but I'm sorry, I can't let you guys go out at night."

"Aww, I was planning to go to some places at night time."

"Finally, we can rest."

"Let's use the recreational room."

Some are happy, some are sad because they didn't have enough time to explore the city more.

---------

They had a wonderful night. Y/N, Daehwi, and Mark just hung out in their room, playing card games and such. Y/N took a glance at the wall clock and notice it's only 9:30 P.M. The night is still young.

So... He thought of an idea...

"Minmin-ah, want to sneak out and go somewhere?" He said right after Minju answered her phone. "What do you mean? The teachers said we can't go out." She played with her hair.

"Yes, and that's what I mean when I said we should sneak out. Come on, it'll be fun!"

"Fine. But if we got caught you'll take the punishment."

"Deal."

The two decided to meet at the lobby. They act like they're only chatting when they spotted a teacher near the front desk. But it's easy for them to sneak out since there's a lot of people.

"Yah. Where are we going anyway?" Minju asked him. "I heard there's like a street fair near here. Was thinking of checking it out." He answered her.

"We should've invited the other three."

"Nahh, they're just going to get in the way."

"Get in the way of what?" Minju is suspicious of Y/N now. "You'll find out later Minmin-ah." He pinched her nose.

"Now let's head to the street fair!" Y/N marched towards the location with Minju snickering behind him.

----------

"Wow there's a lot of people here." Minju was fascinated by the lights and the overall atmosphere of the fair. Rows of stalls can be seen selling variety of things from food to merchandises.

"Of course, it's a fair. Or should I say a Fiesta." Y/N gave a wink to Minju.

They're walking through it while checking out what the stalls are selling. Suddenly, a stall caught Y/N's attention.

"Minmin, let's go to that stall over there."

They both had to go through the crowd that has been building up since they reached the fair earlier. There are definitely more people now but they made it to the stall.

"Hello there young couple! See anything interesting? Please take a look." The vendor said. "Actually that one really caught my eyes." Y/N pointed at a silver bracelet with a blue gem on top of it.

"Ah~ miss, your boyfriend really got an eye for beautiful things." She blushed at his statement. "That bracelet has a story. They said that gem will protect someone you love."

"Aihhh~ Mr. There's no such things. What do you mean it will protect the wearer." Minju chuckled at his story. "Hahaha... Well who knows? If you believe hard enough maybe it will protect you." He added.

"I'll take it. How much?" Y/N gave a excited look to the vendor. "Very cheap. ₩10000." Y/N doesn't waste any time and handed him his money.

"Pleasure doing business with you."

"Ahh there's a lot of people here." Minju is now struggling because of the bumping that they need to go through. Y/N sees that she's struggling and grabs her hand. "Let's get out of here." He smiled before pulling her with him.

----------

"Why did you buy that from the vendor? You know he's just lying about that story right?"

"After the things that happened to me? I'll believe anything is possible." Y/N laughed.

They're now walking in a park. There's few people doing their own things but it's way more peaceful than the street fair earlier.

"Hey... Can I ask you something?" Minju stopped walking and turned to face him.

"Mhmm. Sure."

"Why do you keep approaching me back then? I was mean to you. Not going to lie, I even hated you back then for what you tried to do to me."

"That... Is a long long story..." He smiled at her but this time she can see a hint of sadness.

"You can tell me about it." Minju insisted of listening to his story.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Let's just say I have a huge crush on you and I finally have the courage to try and befriend you." He did it again. He made Minju felt butterflies in her stomach.

"Why? I hated you and I pushed you away so many times!"

"Do you still hate me now Kim Minju?" He asked her. Looking straight into her eyes. She stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Okay fine. You still hate me. Cool." Y/N turned around and began to walk away but he stopped when he felt arms wrapping around his torso.

"Please don't go. I said I hated you... But I don't hate you anymore..." She said while burying her face on his back.

He turns around and faces her.

"Minmin-ah... No, Kim Minju. I don't know if you noticed it or not but I am undoubtedly in love with you."

Y/N finally did it.

"And I bought this because...." He took out the bracelet that he bought earlier from the paper bag. "I don't know if it will work or not. But, I want to believe that it will protect someone I love."

"And that someone is you Minju..... It has always been you....."

He tried to hold it in but in the end, a tear escaped his eye.

"Y-yah don't make such a wonderful confession right now. It's hard for me to control my emotions too." She chuckled but at the same time was also trying her best not to cry.

It's been a long time since she feel like someone is genuinely showing their love to her.

"So I want you to wear this." He puts on the bracelet on her wrist.

"I want someone I really love to be protected."

Y/N then leans in and kissed her cheek. It was only an innocent peck.

"Pabo-ya! Don't just say all of that and only kiss me on the cheek. I want it here!" She pointed at her lips.

Y/N chuckled. He grabbed Minju by her hips, pulling her into a deep kiss. Finally, he was able to confessed.

They pulled away from each other, trying to catch their breaths.

"I love you too. And please, stay with me forever..." They're still in each other's arms. Hugging someone you love is definitely one of the best feelings ever.

"I'm not going anywhere Minmin-ah~"

The End?

_____________________________________________

No. This is only the beginning of the end....