Chapter 21

The trip was over in a flash, they all returned to school and continue their regular life as highschool students. Y/N and Minju became a big news to the students after some of them saw the two sleeping while holding hands in the train, on their way back to Seoul.

Of course they told their friends first, right after they returned from their little night walk around Busan. Nobody is surprised since they all see it coming from a mile away. They're not really subtle in expressing their feelings towards each other.

The rest of the students can't believe it at first. THE Kim Minju is dating the unknown scholarship boy, but she doesn't care about that, neither did Y/N.

They're happy.

----------

The weather is colder now. The day that Y/N is preparing for is getting closer. She rarely leaves Minju alone these days, just because he doesn't want anything bad to happen to her.

"Minmin-ah!" Y/N approach her when he saw her walking in the hallway. She looked towards him but she only gave a weak smile as a respond to him.

"Hmm... What's wrong? You look like you're sick." He put his hand on her forehead, trying to see of she has a fever. "I'm not sick..." She takes his hand and hold it.

"Mingi oppa... His condition is not well these last few days." She said with a saddened face. "Oh Minmin. I'm sorry." He cups her cheeks and make her look at him.

"Mingi will be okay. He's strong remember?" He smiled at her, trying to cheer her up. "Thank you for always being there for me." She step closer and gave him a peck on the lips.

"Oohh~ Minmin is good in surprise attack now." He tease her. "I learn from the best." She pinch his cheeks. "Oww that hurts minmin-ah." He rubs his cheek after getting pinched by her.

"Crybaby." She whispered to his ears before running away.

"Yah! Kim Minju!" He chases her trying to get her back for teasing him.

They are happy. If only that happiness can last long...

----------

"Well, how's life with Minju?" Mark asked Y/N.

"Dude, I'm not married to her... Yet." Y/N smirked at Mark and Daehwi.

"Ooh~ that's sweet but cringy." Daehwi curls up his fingers. "Let him be Daehwi-ah. He's in love, we can't do anything about that." Mark poke fun at him.

"You guys will know how I feel when you get in a relationship like me. It feels like you're flying, no joke."

"Okay okay we get it. Don't need to torture us single people here." Daehwi gave a glare at Y/N.

"Woah no need to give me that look."

They continue talking since it's a free period right now. They talked about random stuff like how usually boys do but Y/N stopped when he saw Minju running outside of his class.

Her terrified face made Y/N got up from his seat and ran to catch up with her.

"Minju! What's wrong!" He asked her as soon as he catches up with her. "It's Mingi oppa. My mom called earlier saying he has been submitted into the hospital." She answered with a worried face.

"I'll go with you."

"What about your things?"

"I'll call Mark and Daehwi later. Don't worry about that."

They continued running to the front gate. Minju said It's an emergency to the security guard and he let the two pass through. Kangho is waiting to take her to the hospital.

'Oppa please be okay...'

Time skip...

"Mom!" Minju runs to his mother and both of them hugged each other. "How's oppa?" She asks with a shaky voice.

"He's in a bad condition. The doctor said the chances are very little...." Tears started to come out of Mrs. Kim's eyes.

"Oppa..." Minju bawled in his mother's embrace. Y/N can only watch her cry. He can't imagine the feelings she must be having right now.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Poor Kim Mingi... He is a good man. Love his sister. Love his mother. Tried to be the man of the house when their father died a long time ago..."

Y/N turned his head towards the direction of the voice. It's him again. That strange man. He was at the end of the hallway, smiling at him.

With rage, he walks to him.

"Yah Y/N!" Kangho tried to get his attention but he is too angry to be giving his attention to him at the moment.

As he gets nearer to the man, everything around him seems have stopped moving.

"You motherfucker!" He grabs the man by the collar and slams him to the wall.

"Did you do this!"

Y/N used all of his strength to keep the guy in place but just like magic, he disappeared from his grasps.

"How dare you accuse me of doing this?" When he turned around, the man was behind him.

"This... Song Y/N... Is what really happened 10 years ago..."

"What!?"

"This is what really triggers Kim Minju to take her own life." The strange man smiled.

"Just imagine, you've been bullied at school. At home you're forced to date or marry someone you don't want."

"I already know all of that! Fucking shut up!" He tried punching the man but like the last time they met, his body strangely stopped moving.

"You sure you know that Song Y/N? Having the one source of happiness in your life, taken away from you. That's what Kim Minju felt when her brother died."

"She just..... Couldn't...... Take it anymore....." With a wave of a hand from that man, Y/N can move again but he immediately fell to the ground.

"This is why Minju....."

"But of course, somehow you came back here. Managed to change a lot of things about her. I gotta say, you're an impressive man yourself." He claps his hands.

"What is happening right now is only following what happened in the past. Don't worry, this is not because of your actions. But I am interested to see how you will handle this situation actually." The man pulls him up and fixes his school uniform.

"Oh, looks like he has passed away....." The man look behind Y/N. Which is the direction of where Minju and her family are at.

"No... Mingi hyung..."

"Go Song Y/N. Kim Minju needs you. Your payment will be claimed later." He spun Y/N's body around before pushing him in that direction.

Everything seems to be back to normal. That man is gone.  Y/N ran towards the room, he saw Minju there... In front of the room, crouching and crying on the hospital floor. Mrs. Kim crying in the room while holding Mingi's body.

Kangho sitting on the side bench with his face buried in his hands.

Without saying anything, he sits down on the floor beside Minju and pulled her for a hug.

"I'm sorry Minju-ya... I'm so sorry...."

Minju buried her face in his chest. Crying and sobbing loudly. He don't know what to do in this situation except for being with Minju for the rest of the day. Not leaving her alone.

"... I'm here Kim Minju... I'm here for you..."

_____________________________________________

(╥﹏╥)