68

When they got to the hospital, Puck helped Quinn change into a gown and climb onto the bed. She was about five centimeters dilated, so she still had some time.

"Noah, who's watching Max?" Quinn asked.

"I texted Jake on the way over here." Puck said. "But if he can't, I'll text Santana or Rachel."

"Okay." Quinn said.

"Don't worry about Max right now." Puck added as he held Quinn's hand. "Do you want me to call anyone? Should I call your mom?"

"I called her at home." Quinn said. "She yelled at me to come to the hospital."

"She was right." Puck noted as he pushed Quinn's hair off her face, tucking it behind her ears. "The doctor said it's gonna pick up."

Quinn nodded, unenthusiastically.

"You're gonna do great." Puck promised. "And he's gonna be great. And we're all gonna be home for Christmas. Right?"

"Right." Quinn's doctor said as she entered the room. "How are we doing in here?"

"She's miserable." Puck answered, rubbing his thumb back and forth on Quinn's knuckles. "Can you give her anything?"

"Unfortunately, at this point, the labor is progressing too fast for an epidural." Dr. Miller informed Quinn and Puck. "But on the bright side, you'll be in delivery in an hour or two and-"

"An hour or two?" Quinn cut the doctor off with a groan.

"He's almost here." Dr. Miller added. "I'll be back in a little bit to check on you, but you're doing great."

Quinn groaned as the doctor left. She laid down on her side, trying to get comfortable.

"You're doing so good, Quinn." Puck told her.

Tears rolled down Quinn's cheeks. She was exhausted and hormonal and in pain. She couldn't wait for this to be over.

Quinn gripped the bed rails and hissed in pain as she went through another contraction.

"Breathe." Puck coached her as he rubbed her back. "There you go, babe."