19

"Hey." Quinn said as she walked into the living room and looked at Puck, who was sitting on the couch. "Are you ready to go?"

"Go where?" Puck asked.

"The doctor." Quinn replied. "For my twelve week appointment."

"Right." Puck nodded as he stood up. "I'm ready."

"Good." Quinn said. "Let's go."

Puck took Quinn's hand, and Quinn led him out of the apartment.

"My skinny jeans don't fit anymore." Quinn informed Puck. "Which means I'm starting to show."

"Are you kidding?" Puck asked. "You can still see your abs, babe."

Quinn shook her head. "Maybe a few weeks ago, but not anymore."

"Well, either way, you're just as beautiful." Puck told Quinn as he squeezed her hand. "Besides, when you were pregnant with Beth, you loved wearing my sweatpants. In a few months, they might fit you."

"That's true." Quinn said. "That part will be fun."

Puck nodded.

"The swollen ankles and dizziness and everything else won't be." Quinn told Puck. "But if I have to deal with a little bit of discomfort so our baby can grow and be healthy, I will."

"God, I love you." Puck blurted. "I'm so in love with you."

"I know, it's gross." Quinn teased. She smiled and looked at Puck. "I'm really happy we're gonna have a baby. And I think our moms will be happy, too."

"I hope so." Puck nodded. "But I'm sure they will be."

-

"This is going to feel cold." The doctor warned Quinn before putting the gel on her abdomen.

Puck moved closer to Quinn and took her hand as he looked at the screen.

"There's the baby." The doctor smiled as she held her place on Quinn's abdomen. She adjusted the Doppler until the sound of the baby's heartbeat filled the room. "And there's its heartbeat."

"Wow." Puck said softly as he squeezed Quinn's hand.

Quinn looked at Puck and smiled as he kissed her cheek.

"We won't know if it's a boy or girl for another month or two, but it's perfectly healthy." The doctor continued. "It's developing properly, and has a strong heartbeat."