47

A few days after the wedding, Quinn and Puck were invited to Shelby's for dinner. Beth and Shelby were back after being away for the summer, and Quinn and Puck had decided to accept the invitation because they hadn't seen Beth since Puck returned home.

They were both nervous, but Puck more than Quinn for once.

"Should I take off my ring?" Puck asked as he looked at his wedding band when they reached the apartment.

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"We didn't even tell our moms yet." Puck noted.

"You can do whatever you want." Quinn told Puck. "But if you take it off, you better not lose it."

Puck nodded slowly and looked at Quinn.

Quinn knocked on the apartment door and took Puck's hand. "Just relax. It's only Beth."

"I know, but-"

"Hey, guys." Shelby smiled as she opened the door. "Come in."

Quinn smiled back as she led Puck inside. "Thanks for having us over. I know it's been a while."

"You two have been busy and we were away." Shelby noted. "Congratulations on the baby. Rachel said it's a boy. And welcome home, Puck."

Quinn gently nudged Puck.

"Thanks." Puck said.

"Why don't you two have a seat while I grab some drinks and snacks?" Shelby suggested. "Beer, Puck?"

"Water's fine." Puck replied. "Thanks."

Quinn sat down on the couch, tugging Puck's hand.

Puck sat down on the couch beside Quinn and put his arm around her.

"Beth! Come see who's here!" Shelby called as she returned to the living room with drinks and snacks.

"Who?" Beth asked as she walked out of her room. Her eyes widened at the sight of Quinn and Puck on the couch. She grinned as she came running into the room. "Mama Quinn! Daddy!"

"Hi, B." Quinn smiled as Beth pounced at her.

Puck put his arms out and caught Beth, protecting Quinn. "Gotcha!"

"Daddy, let go!" Beth exclaimed. "I wanna see Mama."

"Easy, Beth." Puck said. "Don't hurt her."

"I won't." Beth promised. "Let me go."

Puck released Beth and she greeted Quinn with a hug.

Quinn smiled as Beth squeezed onto the couch, sitting on Puck's lap so she was close to him and Quinn.

"So." Shelby began. "Let's catch up."