~Mystery/Thriller Results!~

We are thankful to each and every one of you that participated in our Contest! Do not be de-motivated if you're not a winner, for life gives a lot of opportunities and this is not the end! If not now, you will someday and we look forward to it. <3

Judges:-

Emewata

ilickcupcakes

                                                                                WINNERS

1 Place:

Username: Rarefan

Title: L'AFFAIRE BOB

Total: 84

Review: I loved the plot; I really liked the whole 'species of time travelers' thing, that was such a cool and original idea. I really liked your writing style, your book had a nice rhythm and your characters were great. You were really good at conveying the emotions of the characters through their dialogues and thoughts. I loved the way you ended your chapters, it always made me want to read more. I feel like there could be more character development for Paul and you could add more description of the settings. There was slight grammar and punctuation that need to be fixed but I really enjoyed reading your work.

                                                       ________

2 Place:

Usernameshimmeringpearls

Title: GONE IN THE DARK

Total: 82

Review: Amazing blurb! It was really engaging and I liked that you didn't give too much away. I liked how you started the story with friends bowling together. We got to meet the characters and got to see what their personalities are like. However, you could've made the ending a bit better, it was a bit dull. I liked your descriptions; they were really good and you had a good choice of language. You could've added descriptions of the characters' appearances though. I liked the plot development, you got straight to the point without unnecessarily dragging on your story. You expressed the characters' emotions really well. Good character development and suspense. I really enjoyed reading your story. I found it really engaging and only found a few mistakes. Keep up the good work!
                                     _______

3 Place:

Username:Rainyday_myriads

Title: THE KIM'S TRIOLOGY-BTS

Total: 64

Review: I like the cover; it looks cool but the title is barely visible on it. There were many spelling mistakes and some grammar and punctuation mistakes. Sometimes the words were in the wrong tense or the sentences didn't make any sense. I liked how you introduced the character [Namjoon I think, I'm not a BTS fan so I don't know] in the first chapter. It shows the readers what kind of person he is and good use of show not tell. When narrating in 3rd person, try not to refer to the other characters as 'the other' because it makes it confusing and unclear who you are talking about. A suggestion: you could put the pictures of the characters on a separate cast page instead of in the middle of the story. I think you should add more description of the setting. I liked the idea of the 'failed experiment' and I really liked the plot.
                                              _______

HONORABLE MENTION:

Username: taura5

Title: 
TWO FACED

Total: 54

Review: 

I liked the plot, that Maria had 2 halves and one of them committed a murder. You were really good at describing the settings and used lots of detail throughout the story. I loved those quotes you would add at the end of each chapter and I really liked how you added the unknown's POV; it was really mysterious. You used varied sentence lengths but I would break down some of the extremely long ones. There was a fair amount of grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors. When describing the characters' appearances, you could make it more interesting [e.g. instead of 'she was wearing a backpack' you could write '...a red backpack riding on her back']. There wasn't much character development and you never described the characters' feelings. You should also try to use different sentence starters instead of the same ones over and over again.

                               _______

PARTICIPANTS:-

Title: THE LIFE OF MR.BLACK 

 Username: @MyLordReaper

TOTAL: 29/100

Review: The plot wasn't exactly clear and there were many grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors. There wasn't much description used, you were just stating what was happening most of the time; you could've described the characters, how they feel, the settings...etc There wasn't any interesting vocabulary used either. Everything went too fast, like when the mother dies: no description was used, there was no character development for Black, no emotions were explained which make the story very plain and not very exciting. However, you did add some character development later on in the chapter. You could also try using more varied sentence lengths instead of using lots of short ones. You could also give more information about the characters such as their backgrounds and personalities through their actions [show not tell]
                                                          _______________

Usernameruh_says 

Title: Restricted Truth

Total: 43/100

 Review: Your book is amazing! I love how you imagine the characters to be and how you imagined the whole book to be. You need to work on your English though, we're not perfect in it but, yours has a lot of mistakes. You also need to know when to put punctuation marks. Most of the places in the book are filled with holes, try rereading before updating, it really helps. The blurb though captivating, needs some improvement. If you're writing in the third person, you should always indicate. You need to show what the characters are feeling, telling us, you're not leaving any room for imagination. Work on these and your book will be paid in no time!

                               _____________

Usernamebirdsongfuzz 

Title: Death In The Hotel

Total: 36/100

Review: I love your book's mystery. I love how you created the characters, the settings too! Though, there are a lot of holes in the book. You're also mixing POVs together. If you're changing POVs or writing in the third person, always indicate. The same goes for flashbacks too. Your cover talks about kidnapping, it really doesn't add to the mystery, your blurb too. The book sometimes feels rushed and you're adding too little or too small sometimes. You should also show not tell. And always reread before updating, it really helps.
                                   _________________

Usernamemacc_and_cheese 

Title: The Visionary

Total: 47/100

 Review: I love your book! I love the mystery of the book, how you write it down, and leave space for imagination, your characters, the plots, theme, everything! You could work on some things though. You're making the book seem like a science book, you're not making it known that it's the MC that's thinking of these. You're also mixing third and first-person together. You're good at dialogue but there are times when you make some mistakes. Sometimes, the book feels rushed. Your blurb is captivating but, needs some amendments. Your cover though amazing does not really relate to the book. Always reread before updating, it helps. 

                                                 _______________

NOTE:- WINNERS AND HM! PM ME YOUR EMAIL FOR THE STICKER! 

Your host,
JuniaAvery29

                                                  _____________

Credits of the stickers go to