★Chapter 23

Which is unbearable? Lust or Hunger?
-Pet
•••

Dedicated to all the lovely people that has read this book within this terrible year. We are survivers. The world is in shambles but we won't lose our way, in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
•••

Unedited.

Ha! She had said poor woman! The woman that had come to take my life. The woman that attempted to take my life. The woman that faithfully plunged a weapon into my ribcage.

Ludicrous!

I made her pay for interrupting. She would never forget the image of me ripping that woman's throat open. And now...I would show her something she would never forget once more.

Of course I needed the woman for further interrogation but of course I knew what I was doing. I was sure to witness that woman's renegade when I re-enter that dungeon. The vampire was still alive...but the human needn't know that. I have had enough of her intrusions.

It seemed my bedroom had become our rendezvous.

Our?
Rendezvous?

What has become of me? The Great Lord Axel, Second son of the Vampire Queen of Valencia? This human I tell you.

How was I being swayed by a measly human?
A measly human you have started to get fond of. A voice in my head said.

Why did I find her pleasing to look at?
That was not right!

Emily laid on her back, her legs bare, her head and shoulders resting on a pillow awkwardly.
Her face one of terror.

Usually my kind would break a human in half if they were in this situation.

I look directly into her eyes, my gaze sharpened by desire. I hid nothing. I watch her swallow in realization and confusion.
Trust me, I myself was confused about my sudden fondness towards this human, my sudden lust.

I trail my eyes to her bosom where the flesh of her breasts had spilt from the top in a way that wanted me to squeeze them, that wanted me to reveal her nipples, a way that made me imagine how pink and delicious her peaks would be, a way that wanted me to pull them and run my tongue around her areoles. I could just ravish this human... But in this case it was illegal...if only I had purchased her as a slave and not as a damn pet! Bloody hell! I had never desired a human before, hell I'd never think I would, never in a million years.
The initial plan was to scare her but right this moment my knees had turned jelly with need, it was a relief that I was not standing; I would have plummeted to the ground.

But no one would find out if I only touched her... within the confines of my room...

Absurd!

What was taking over me?

Bewitched! I must be! By this damn minx. I had never met a witch before, but I had learnt long ago that they hide within the shadows among us... She must be one!

That... delectable scent...

I never imagined I'd ever desire a human. Humans are disgusting and brittle. I had always found it disturbing that many vampires took humans as sex slaves. I would never think of taking a human to my bed. It was an abomination! It was against my morals, there were plenty of heated vampire women out there to take to my bed so I never saw the need. But...yet I desired this one beneath me.

I want nothing but to sink my fangs within the soft flesh of her cleavage. I could practically hear the blood rushing around her chest. Her heart hammering ferociously against her ribcage.