★Chapter 21

My knife is bloody, but no matter where it's been I'm not afraid to pierce it into your skin. - PET

Dedicated to: iPrOudOfyU LittleLavender5 jesicacatherine Anitaxern MrsDuncann Magicienne91 Abigaiz9 HabibaMusa6 thank you so much, you don't understand how much you motivated me with your comments and votes.

Insert your playlists here:

Unedited.

I had noticed the beads of sweat coating the back of her neck, but I had failed to see the knife in time...

I should have called my guards the moment she fidgeted.

I should have wrung her scrawny neck the moment she uttered the General's title.

But instead I beckoned for the damn woman.

Bloody hell!

My fist collided with the oak desk. A disgruntled growl escaping my lips.

Pathetic. What I was.

I was still sitting around my desk, my attacker had been taken to the dungeon only moments ago. I was supposed to see the woman, to question my assassin, instead I sat casually sipping my liquor. I had requested three bottles of bourbon within the last half hour.

The knife still stuck to the left side of my rib, dark blood escaping around the sides.

My vest and jacket soaked.

Why hadn't I removed the knife?

It was a waste, what does it matter if I live? I could not even save my self from a mere stab.

This was not a side of me. I was a vampire well known for my swift, ruthless aggression.

Sighing, I stared down at the black pool around my feet.

I removed the blade with ease.

In the bat of an eye the wound was gone. And so were my doubts.

Smiling evilly, I retrieved a small wooden box from my bottom drawer, adjusted my suit and set for the dungeon, I suppose I had nocturnal business to attend, a sinister smile tugged at the corner of my lips, a glint in my eye, all too familiar.

Emily

I suppose I was grateful for the treatment I had been given for the past months but I couldn't help but wish for more. Ungrateful? Call it what you must. But I longed to be outside; wind in my hair, green grass tickling the pads of my feet, oh and the fresh salty smell of the sea.

A blissful sigh escapes my mouth as I relish the thought.

I sat astride my legs resting on the window ledge as I adjusted my head on a pillow I had crammed between my shoulders and the window frame. A bright light shown in the yard. I could see the passing servants, their feet plummeting to the ground as two girls played a ring game. They seem to not care about the starry sky. It was like their own little town down there. Oh how I longed to laugh, smile and play.

To be free.

(Vote ★)

Of course there was no shackles holding me in place, but admittedly my mind felt chained to this house. No doubt my body was too. He would never let me through those doors.