Chapter 10- Boxing Match

Start from the beginning

"Wut? I do not need glasses! Don't be daft."

"Really because the ink on your nose says otherwise. How close to your parchment do you have to be so you can see what you're writing?" I say looking up from my notes briefly.

She looks up at all of us, "I didn't come here to be totally ripped apart by you people. Just wanted to enjoy your company."

The rest of the night is full of banter and helping each other with our homework. It was late by the time we said goodnight to Walter and went back to our dorm room.

On the day of the Quidditch match, Draco begs me to come along "Violet, please! Let's go watch that those nasty Gryffindors lose!" I am very much not in the mood to go, especially not with Draco, but Walter insists.

"It'll be great crack and you can see him," Walter whispers into my ear as we make our way to the quidditch pitch. It's a lot colder outside than it was the last time I went to a match. I'm bundled up in my big winter cloak, scarf, gloves, ear muffs, and boots and I'm still cold. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle bound ahead of us promising to save Walter and I a seat.

"I would have gone to the game anyways. I just don't want to sit right next to Draco. I was hoping to sneak off after the game and say hello to some of the players." I say back to Walter. I make sure I don't say any names in case of curious ears around us.

"Okay but I can just keep Draco occupied while you go off. I'll just talk about quidditch till he gets bored." Walter says. We squeeze through the bleachers towards the spot that Draco chose to sit. Draco was already picking on Ron and his friends by the time we sit down. The game has already started.

"Sorry, didn't see you there Weasley." Draco sneers, Crabbe and Goyle laugh quite loudly. "Wonder how long Potter's going to stay on his broom this time? Does anyone want to bet? What about you Weasley? Granger? Anyone?"

"Draco enough, sit down." I snap at him. Ron looks at me quickly before fixing his eyes back on the match.

George hits a bludger towards Snape and he doges it. "Your boy's got guts I'll give him that," Walter says a little too loudly for my liking. I hit him in the stomach and he doubles over. Snape gives Hufflepuff a penalty and Draco cheers very loud.

"Do you know how I think they chose players for the Gryffindor team?" Draco says very loudly. I reach over and swat him on the back of the head to shut him up but it doesn't work. Snape awards Hufflepuff another penalty. ("I'm not saying I'm complaining but there was no need for that one," Walter says beside me) "It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter who's got no parents." That one hurt me a little. "Then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money." The necklace George gave me suddenly feels heavier. "You should be on the team Longbottom, you haven't got any brains."

Walter chuckles at that comment but like Ron and his friend, his eyes are glued to the match. "Draco seriously!" I snap again. Draco falters slightly but he doesn't stop.

The little mousey looking boy, who I'm assuming is Longbottom says, "I'm worth 12 of you Malfoy." In a shaky voice. Even I laugh at that. Walter spits out his drink laughing at him.

He leans over to me, "What does that even mean?" I shake my head trying to stifle my laughter. Draco apparently takes my laughter as a cue to keep pushing.

"Longbottom, if brains were gold, you'd be poorer than Weasley. And that's saying something." The necklace around my neck gets heavier. I throw some of my popcorn at Draco for the comment. I watch Fred and George race towards a bludger and hit it out of the way of one of their chasers.

"I'm warning you Malfoy- one more word," Ron grumbles.

Suddenly Harry dives towards the ground like a bullet. "Damnit!" Walter yells, fully knowing Harry has spotted the snitch.