92. Jhake and Neytiri

Start from the beginning

"She would have been. She targeted Quaritch in the Dragon, her Samson was on fire." I said as I stepped carefully around Tsu'tey's laid out broken leg, picking up the back pack before stepping back around, pulling out the pound of stuff good on burn wounds before turning my arm to begin to apply it. I was aware of Jake's eyes on me as I looked up.

"Where did you get those?" Jake asked, gesturing on my burns, which I can already tell will scar, but not too badly. I looked back at my arm, continuing to apply the salve.

"Dodging a hailstorm of missiles from the Dragon." I said, gesturing to Solros licking his burned wing. Jake looked at Solros and then back at me.

"So you saved Trudy." He said, piecing together what I wasn't telling. I just nodded, not talking much. I really didn't want to think of the battle, so much went wrong, so much happened that ended up in so many dead... I bit my lip to control my reaction to the racing thoughts of everyone who died, all who I watched fall...

I forced away the image of Tsu'tey falling, glancing once more at Tsu'tey, deciding that he has been a little too quiet for someone who has been overly open about things. I smiled just a touch as I noticed him still studying Jake in confusion, a rather funny look on his face as the stare down at Jake in his human body.

"Who you be?" Tsu'tey mumbled, tilting his head as he studied the strange human interacting with us like we knew him. I covered my mouth to hide my smile of amusement as Jake looked up, smirking at Tsu'tey. No doubt Jake is going to hold this over Tsu'tey's head for a while. I calmed myself and spoke.

"That's Jake, Tsu'tey, in his Sky Person body." I said kindly, laying a hand on Tsu'tey's arm. I felt Neytiri's eyes on me, but I paid more attention to Tsu'tey as he squinted his eyes, like he was trying to put together a math problem that makes no sense.

"You no look like Toruk Makto, you sure that be Jakesully?" Tsu'tey said, squinting at me as I chuckled quietly in amusement, more I was just relieved Tsu'tey is alive.

"Yes, Tsu'tey, that's Jake." I said, smiling at him as he scrunched his nose in a goofy way, confusion written all over his face.

"You know, I don't think I have ever heard him be so conversational." Jake said in amusement, smirking, making me look at him as I rolled my eyes.

"Try not to hold it against him too much, would you? I just told him I was giving him something for the pain, I did not tell him that said stuff is like being very drunk." I said, looking down at Jake.

"Fine, fine, I won't." Jake said, "Also, my avatar is fine, Neytiri dragged it inside the damaged trailer. Quaritch busted open a window trying to kill me before Neytiri killed him. Luckily Quaritch didn't spot you little trailer behind ours. I checked to make sure everything was alright and the systems in your trailer said there was no damage, so you are good." Jake said, making me breath out in relief, until I thought of something.

"Any word on Norm? If he wasn't in the trailer...."I trailed off, Jake frowning as he thought of that.

"He wasn't there, his link was open, a lot of stuff scattered on the ground from what I could tell. I can only guess his avatar was shot and he jumped out to go fight in his body." Jake said, frowning, "Hopefully he turns up." Jake added as I nodded, looking around as I settled beside Tsu'tey, who was nodding off next to me.

"Do you need me to leave the Link? You go in and show everyone Toruk Makto lives?" I asked, Tsu'tey staring at me in confusion, making me look at him, wondering what is running through his mind as I carefully and secretly wove my fingers with his out of Jake and Neytiri's sight, my body filling with relief as Tsu'tey's hand clenched onto my own. I am still try to convince myself he is alive and well and that this isn't some break in my mind, insanity won over or something.

"Nah, Neytiri will let everyone know I am alive and there were a few Omaticaya in the forest, two of them stayed behind to guard the trailer for now. Let's see how many return first. Also, if Norm turns up, I think he might be able to fix one of the Link's enough for me to use it with an exopack on. We need to make a run for Hell's Gate soon though, or those being brought back will run out of oxygen." Jake said, gesturing to the human's well under guard.

"Yes, and Trudy needs to go through the Oxygen Cleaner machine in Hell's Gate, she breathed in a good amount of ammonia before I could get her to the Tawkami healers, who stuffed the crack in her mask full of quick clay." I said, pointing out the grey rock like stuff crusted over Trudy's mask.

"So do I, I breathed in a good amount of it." Jake said conversationally, drawing my eyes to him as I stared at him, wide eyed.

"Just how much did you breathe in, Jake?" I said, worried for his health.

"Enough." He said, yawning, "Now, if you will excuse me, I think I am going to go rest on that nice bit of moss over there." Jake said, beginning to drag himself. Neytiri stood and, no matter how much Jake grumbled, carried him to that area before placing him down. I looked away from the two, seeing them talking privately, though they were far enough away that I couldn't hear it.

I stared up at Tsu'tey as he stared down at me, the confusion still strong on his face. I leaned more into his side, not even embarrassed because his presence is helping me keep myself grounded to the present. I stared up into his gold eyes as he stared down at me.

"I forget you have other body, one not look like this one. It be easy to forget, you rarely go to other body." Tsu'tey said, his eyes a bit clearer, making me smile as I dropped my head on his shoulder, thinking.

"I'm not sure you would recognize me, this body and my own don't have as much in common as you might think." I admitted, remembering the first time I looked on my avatar, shocked by how different my avatar is from me. Tsu'tey's eyes softened, making my own widen as I stared up at him.

"I always be able to recognize you, Heti, eyes would be same in any body you have, open like windows to spirit." Tsu'tey said, shocking me when the said the word spirit in Tula. My breath stuttered as I realized just how much Tsu'tey meant that. I opened my mouth, very tempted to ask if he remembered the words he told me before my spirit sunk, realizing that, if he did, then I would feel all the more guilt at the one horrifying fact I keep to myself.

I don't ever want to hurt Tsu'tey, I love him with every bit of my heart and soul, but I am torn, afraid.

Because I still can't convince myself that all of this is real. I worry I did loose it after helping Ewya, and that, all of this, is some psychotic break in my mind, a piece of me clinging to hopes that are not real. Because I still cannot feel Eywa.

And that has me very on edge.

O.O Well, this chapter was certainly hard to put together. While I had the whole story planned out to the battle, I did not have the after planned out except for a few ideas. I guess we will just see how it goes, no? Enjoy!