Taking it In

One Year Later

Since I walked away from the relationship and love of my life I have been trying to focus more on myself and dance career. I read about Joseph all the time in the news and on social media sites just to see how he is but I never reach out. He seems happy and moved on and I should do the same. Joseph is with the mother of his child and they seem to be doing well. In one interview they asked if he missed me or heard from me and he smiled and looked away. I couldn't finish watching because I was getting to emotional. 

I have a huge class to teach today at my new studio so I grabbed my bags and headed out. My life has gotten better but I would be lying if I said I did not miss him. I miss him so much. I just knew he wanted to see if things would work with... her, for the sake of his family, So I made the tough decision to leave, so he didn't have to choose between me and his family.

I got to the studio to see everyone talking and stretching. "Hey guys! Let's get ready to run through all these dances we will perform at the award ceremony for Dance Star" I said gathering them up. We worked for hours trying to get the dances perfect. The show was tomorrow and we needed to be ready. 

When the class ended everyone went home to pack and get ready for our big chance to get noticed at the Dance Star show. Dance Star is like American Idol but for dolls and we are competing for a new studio and One million dollars. 

I got home and laid my head down on the pillow and got rest for the next day, the big day for not just me but my students.

Next Day

We were waiting backstage when my friend Ava came running at me fast speed with red eyes. "What is wrong girl?" I asked looking at her. "Your ex is here... in the audience... as a judge.." she said looking at me. "What.." I said looking out the curtain. I saw him sitting there with his black button down shirt and perfect hair and inhaled deeply. "Did he know you were going to be here?" She asked looking at me concerned. "No, the whole point of this competition is no bias, so the judges do not get to know who the cres are that are competing. That is like the number one rule" I said looking at her. "Well look, you are going to kill it out there, do not be nervous, perform as if he is still your fiance... or better yet, perform like you miss him" she said seriously. "Ava, what..?" I said laughing. "No forreal, let your feelings be what feeds your energy tonight. I saw these dances and they are sexy as hell, if you perform these with passion and drive you guys will win. If you perform with passion and drive with motivation.. him.. you will win and likely get his attention, which will help you win! I know you guys miss each other so why not have fun out there and show him what he is missssinggg bitch!" she yelled laughing. I smiled and shook my head as my name was called. 

"And next to the stage for the next hour is... Simone Marie's Dance Academy..." the announcer yelled, making the crowd roar. I guess some of our fans showed up. I walked out with everyone and looked at the crown. Joseph and I made eye contact before I quickly turned to to DJ and told him to start the music. 

Dance One

Dance two ^^

Dance three

I looked into the audience between dances and could see Joseph getting uncomfortable with the way the guy dancers were touching me. How do I know? because his jaw clenched the way it used to when he would get jealous when we actually dated. We proceeded to our next set anyway. 

"NOW WE ARE DOING OUR ADULT DANCES. PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEATS AS SIMONE'S ACADEMY STARTS THEIR NEXT SET" the announcer said. Everyone took seats and the room fell silent as me and two other girls in my class took the stage. They seemed nervous so I turned to them and started smiling. "WE GOT THIS!" i said as I started twerking and joking and the crowd started roaring with excitement to help them not be so nervous. Our fans really love us! I looked into the crowd and Joseph looked at me and smirked. I smiled back and then the music started. 

Up next is DANCE COACH BATTLE SIMONE YOU ARE FIRST!" the announcer said as I was left on stage by myself. I took a breath in and a exhaled as I looked at my fans who were screaming. "For this challenge we will have one of our judges, Joseph make his way to the stage and be seated in the chair. The head coaches of the team will have to dance for him!" the announcer said. Joseph made his way to the stage and sat behind me. I felt his eyes burning a hole in my clothes. I turned to look at his position for my dance and Joseph sat back in his chair and looked at me ready for the show. "As we ALL know these two are exes so this could be interesting.." the announcer said making the crowd laugh and gasp. I laughed because the joke was funny. "Your wife wont kill me?" I asked looking at him as I got in position. "I have no wife, I never got a chance to marry the one I should have.." he said looking at me. The music started and I looked at him as if he was mine and took what he said and made it my motivation to get through the dance.

After the dance the crowd screamed and cheered so loud that you could hear it outside. Joseph looked at me as he stood up and walked towards me. "You won.." he said smiling and walking to the table where the other judges were. I smiled and looked at my crew as they ran out and hugged me. "as you can see the winner is Simone's dance academy!!!!!!!" the announcer said and made the whole place shake with excitement. 

We walked back stage and I saw Joseph in my dressing room. "Shut the door..." he said walking towards me and shutting it behind me. He looked down at me and my lips while locking the door. "Simone..." he whispered. "Joseph..." I whispered before he kissed me.