Coffee Shop

:2 weeks later:

I showed up to work with a positive mindset. I really want to feel better about myself so I am doing all I can at this point to not think about my ex and his abusive ways. I put  a smile on my face and waited for the next customer. "Uh give me a second please, I have never been here before" the familiar voice said. I looked up to see my professor. "Oh wow, Good afternoon Joseph" I said giggling. He looked down and his eyes met mine. I tensed up, for some reason this man makes me feel things I have never felt. "Well Miss Simone. I did not know you worked here" he said smiling his pearly whites. "I just started like a week ago, uhm I can actually recommend the Medium iced vanilla cap, its really good, I'll even add whipped cream, free of charge of course" I said smiling. "I would like that" he said. It was something about the way he said it. I bit my lip and looked down at the keypad. "Okay that will be 4.25... actually I can just pay for it." I said smiling and adding it to my personal tab. "Oh No way I can let you do that" he said reaching for my hand. "Please allow me to do this sir, I owe you" I said smiling. He bit his lip and stared at me as if something I said triggered his thoughts. "Sir... Joseph..?" I said waving my hand.

"Ah yes, I just got lost in my thoughts for a second" he said smiling. I looked down and grabbed his cup and began making his drink. "I.. I didn't see your car out there.. you drove here?" he asked. " I actually walked. My townhouse is down the street so I really didn't need to drive. I just felt it would waste gas, but being that I did not check the weather, was not really smart of me." I said as I watched the dark clouds roll in. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I can give you a ride, that is no problem" he said adjusting his jacket. "I am about to get off right now, I am sure you are busy, you do not have to" I said taking my work vest off and leaving it behind the counter. "Please, I cannot allow you to walk in the rain, it is not a question Simone" he said in a very deep and strong demanding voice. "Okay, thank you" I said smiling. 

When he pulled up to my home he smiled. "you live here alone?" he asked. "Yes, my parents passed and left this for me. Pretty amazing huh." I said looking at it. "Yes..." he said staring at me. "You seem so happy, and more focused. I am proud of you" he said. I silently sat there and soaked in those words. I felt myself become vulnerable and I reached for the handle.  

"Thank you sir" I said before opening the door. "Please, call me Joseph, I only like sir being used in the classroom or under other circumstances" He said. I did not catch on and smiled before shutting the door.