Me: I swear to fucking god if you disrespect me one more fucking time.

Namjoon: Nari. Nari, sit.

Me: No! I'm about to back hand this bitch and her mouth.

Namjoon: Shh. Just sit. We're almost done here.

Me: You have two minutes.

Namjoon: Nari, after you spent your winter break with me I knew that I didn't want to just be your sugar daddy anymore. So, I shipped Minseo the divorce papers. That's why she came back to town.

Minseo: I stopped by the house and burned the papers and I found a polaroid of you. You looked familiar.

Me: How so?

Minseo: You and your friend Sooji were on Sejoo's instagram story with more of your friends.

Me: Let me guess. You got jealous and stormed down to my school to embarrass, slut shame, and accused me of sleeping with your husband.

Minseo: He was my husband.

Namjoon: On paper. And I tried to leave her.

Me: And I'm the bitch? You put on a whole fake ass show pretending to be the scorn woman when you cheated, got pregnate, lied, and left him to go-

Minseo: I only did it-

Me: I don't want to fucking hear it from you. Or you.

Namjoon: Me?

Me: It never occured to you to bring this up?

Namjoon: Nari, I wanted to. But I wanted to finalize the divorce before I brought it up to you. So this exact thing didn't happen.

Me: Is that everything? Are all the gaps filled?

Namjoon: Yes.

Me: Well that explains why you never wore a ring.

Minseo: You took the ring off?

Namjoon: Yeah. After you mailed yours back to me with the address for a pawn shop.

Me: Well. I'll be leaving now.

Namjoon: What?

Me: I told you two I have better things to do than to hear you two fight. And you might want to dry clean that with your attitude.

You'd think that after all of that, this would be the end. I pushed in my chair and stormed out of the cafe, walking back towards my car. To think I was this close to being a normal twenty something year old in the city. Just for them to come back in and start all this shit again.

Just seeing him...breaks me all over again. I rested my head on the steering wheel and tried to blink my tears, taking deep breaths to calm down. Namjoon knocked on the glass for me to roll down the window.

Me: What?

Namjoon: Nari, I'm really sorry about everything.

Me: I'm sorry I didn't listen to you before.

Namjoon: Don't be. You probably wouldn't believe me on my own.

Me: Heh, you're right about that.

Namjoon: You um...you left your phone inside.

Me: Oh. Thank you.

Namjoon: You look great by the way.

Me: So do you.

Namjoon: Is there a way we can start over?

Me: Dear god. Goodbye.

Namjoon: Wait. Please.

Me: Namjoon, I told you I can't do this again.

Namjoon: Nari-

Me: Can you listen? Getting over you was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Even worse than my dad. Want to know why? Because with you gone, I was really, truly alone.

Namjoon: I know. And I want to make things right.

Me: Jesus.

Namjoon: Please just...no lying. No more keeping things. I'll give you one hundred percent like you've given me. Please. Please, princess.

Me: Ok.

Namjoon: Really?

Me: Yeah. I...I think that will be good for me. But we're not...getting together. Just as friends.

Namjoon: *smiling* Yes. Yes, thank you.

Me: Don't bring her around me again or I'll run her over.

Namjoon: That's the last time either of us are going to see her.

Me: Good.

Namjoon: So, tomorrow?

Me: After I'm done with work. Yes. Send me the restaurant.

Namjoon: Cool. I'll text you.

Me: On snapchat please. I have a different number.

Namjoon: Can I have it.

Me: You haven't worked your way to it. I'll see you tomorrow.

I've been through a lot of things in life. Some good and some bad. But I don't think any of my experiences combined could compare to seeing Namjoon standing in my rear view mirror, waving goodbye.