Chapter 35

F r e y a.

"I can't believe he actually asked you out." Lisa exclaimed as she curled my hair.

"Yeah, but I think this was bound to happen anyway." Brittany confirms as she laid on my bed, her feet hitting the duvet, wrapped on the bed.

I still couldn't believe it myself. Malcolm had asked me out. He was so nervous that i thought something bad had happened, only for him to state something far from what I was expecting. Just recalling the moment, a blush keeps arising from my cheeks.

"I can't believe it too." I sighed.

Lisa and Brittany both throws smirks my way and I groan in annoyance and embarrassment.

"Okay guys I've had enough of your looks. Why don't we talk about both your mates!" I cross my hands over my chest, being careful not to get my hands burnt by the curling rod.

However, at my question both still and glance at me.

"I haven't found mine yet," Brittany says and I turn to Lisa who had an utterly pained expression. Oh no.

"Um he died when I was sixteen. I felt him, I mean. We had not found each other yet." He whispered, and before my mind can even register what i was doing, I found myself on her, embracing her in a warm hug.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered running my hand through her hair. I push her slightly and stare at her as she wipes her tears. Brittany walks over and hugs her too, an empathetic look forming on her eyes.

"The pain never goes away but each day I keep getting used to it." She smiled as she rubbed her eyes. Pulling in air, she brushes the tears away and exclaimed, "Anyway! This day is about you, not about my past and painful experiences."

I gave her a soft smile and she returned it before finally giving me some flats to put on. Finally done, I stood up and walked towards the mirror. To say I look good would be an understatement. I've always thought myself as someone with average looks but I could honestly say I look good.

"Thank you so much guys." I squealed and they both squeezed me in a hug.

"Come on, Malcolm just mindlinked me and he's waiting. I'm pretty sure you'll blow his mind." Brittany says, a smirk forming on her lips.

I stared down at my skinny jeans clad thighs, the oversized cardigan I had on. I looked casual but in a cute way.

I rush down the stairs nearly tripping. That's when his eyes met mine, and a huge smile forms on his lips. He glances all over my form and his eyes darken slightly before they snap back to mine.

"You look beautiful." He breathed out as he grasp my hand in his.

I stare at him and I can't help but think of how handsome he looks.

"You look handsome too." I reply offering him a small smile.

"Come on." He leads me out towards a grey sports car.

"Be back by 12! Don't do anything I wouldn't!" Brittany hollers and a pink hue coats my cheeks in embarrassment, however, Malcolm just chuckles at my embarrassment.

"So where are we going?" I asked as I buckled my seat belt. He glances at me, a huge smile forming on his lips.

"I'm going to say it's a surprise because that's way cliche. How about you'll see?" He answers cheekily and I just roll my eyes at him, a smile tugging on mine.

*

"Ahhh" Brittany murders my ears with her loud screech as she held my hand in hers. Even Lisa had to block her ears at how loud her voice rang.

"So did you kiss again?" Lisa asked glancing wearily at Brittany. My blush answers the question that I couldn't.

"It's disgusting to think that about my bro but Oh my God! I knew it! You guys are so in love." She squeals.

The date had been something I had not really expected at all. I thought he'd take me to a restaurant and just eat to our fill. I honestly had never been to a date before and it was refreshing to break the restaurant cliche and all.

I even didn't expect him to take me to an aquarium. I remember when he'd asked me places I would like to visit and I had just mentioned an aquarium for the fun of it.

The whole day, he had held my hand, pecked my cheek more than I can remember and had bee rather possessive. It was a perfect day and I loved everything about it.

"Soon, I'm going to be an aunt!" Brittany exclaimed and my eyes widen in horror. Yes, I was falling for Malcolm but I wasn't ready go all the way with him.

When she noticed the terrified look on my face, she burst into uncontrollable laughter. While I died with a blush on my face.

*

A v e r y.

I held in the tears that wanted to splutter down my eyes. My cheeks were swollen and I could barely see. It honestly hurt me to even talk. Roman had hurt me in more ways than anything had ever in my life and I was dreading his reappearance.

Think of the devil and he shall appear.

At that moment, the door slams open and in matches a bald man that causes me nightmares and headache.

"Are you ready to talk just yet." I even couldn't speak because of how swollen my face and how patched my throat felt.

"It doesn't matter any more sweet Avery because I finally found who she's staying with. Recognize this?" He hands me a well taken photograph of Freya holding hands with a foreign man, whose eyes shined with adoration, both standing at an aquarium.

My face pales at the sight. How did he find her?

"You have no use to me anymore." He exclaimed and raises his hand, the sound of growing claws echoes through the room. I close my eyes and anticipate my final demise.

However, before he can finally swipe the hideous claws and finally end me, he begins to cackle, a sadistic smile forming on his thin lips.

"Actually, I have a better plan. A plan you are going to help me achieve. You see, Freya is so important to my boss that's I am willing to use you as bait. You get what I'm saying?" He exclaimed and another cackle escapes his lips as he crouches down. He pushes away the hair stuck on my form and holds my cheek.

"This is way too easy. Who knew Alpha Malcolm who'd be her mate." He smirked and I'm just lost. He turns to me, a shuddering look forming on his scary face.

"It's time for a reunion."

***

Oml I have been so bored and lacked any motivation to write recently. I am just soo tired.

Anyway...

Thank you for 4k reads!

If you liked the chapter,

Vote. Comment. Share.