Chapter 33

[ Dedicated to my amaziiiing friend, awinterlights who has been supportive from the beginning and still is. The current name of this book was inspired by hers. Please update soon! ️❤️]

M a l c o l m.

When I planned on telling Freya what I was, I was beyond nervous. I couldn't even imagine what her reaction would be. However, she took it better than i thought.

Before I could explain any further to her, my beta mind links me of a disruption at the pack house. The same girl who had made fun of my mate was at it again. I had honestly, not carried out a search behind her back because I wanted her to be the one to tell me about herself rather than doing it behind her back.

When Elaine had claimed she had been raised in an orphanage, it broke my heart to think of the situation and pain she must have felt. I decided not to bring the matter back again. However, when Elaine was at it again, claiming she's weak and she's human, anger I had never felt before had coursed through my veins and I was livid.

Those things were anticipated because of the stupid and meaningless words she was spouting. However, what I didn't anticipate at all, is for her to turn into a wolf, a medium sized brown wolf, with a look of pure anger radiating off of her.

I was frozen in shock and also the same could be said about the pack members who I had informed of my human Luna. When I finally got to react, Elaine was under her screaming for her life that was flashing before her eyes.

I run towards her trying to stop Freya from injuring her even further. I had to try to control her from killing her. It was quite obvious her wolf had managed to break the walls she had built up.

She however didn't stick around because the moment what she had done registered in her brain, she was off. Running. I did not Chase after her because I believed she needed time.

"Did you know she was a wolf?" Brittany asked walking towards me, a look of shock and bewilderment evident on her face as she stared at me.

"No, I didn't. I don't think anyone did." I reply, a sigh rushing out of my lips as I tried to come to terms with the fact that she's in deed a wolf, just like me, like us. But how? How did she go so undetected? How couldn't I sense her? What about her wolf? Didn't she need to shift from time to time? Did she know about me all along?

"How... How did we not sense it or even smell it?" Brittany asks almost scared to get my answer. I also didn't know it."Do you think she was pretending not to know all along?" She continues, hurt evident in her voice.

"I don't think so, Bre. Whatever answer she'll give us, it'd all add up." I try to sound enthusiastic but honestly, I didn't know what to expect. When I had explained everything, she had been so calm. Does that has to do with the fact that she already knew what we were? What I am?

"I hope she shows up soon because the pack is not only shocked about it, but mom and dad will be home next week. You'll be officially announcing that's she's your Alpha female, Luna." She states and I nod.

My parents had been gone for about two months. From tje moment they had accepted my mate, they had decided to travel around trying not to come home. I guess they were still embarassed after practically rejecting her as my mate.

"I need to go find her." I smile at Brittany who nods at me as I run towards the door, after my mate. I walk over to the thick forest, following her scent, a sweet scent that usually left my wolf purring in satisfaction.

'What do you think, Tegn?" I ask my wolf who had been silent all along.

'I don't know. Let's wait for her to explain everything.' He replies before disappearing to the back of my mind.

Walking towards the dense trees, my footsteps echoes through the silent night. It doesn't take long before I find her, crouched down, still in her wolf form. I must have stepped on a branch because her head turned over to me and whine left her snout, as she took a step back.

"Hey, hey. Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." I cooed moving towards her, my hands up, trying to show her I'm not trying to hurt her.

Taking slow steps towards her, I place my palm on her soft fur and began running my hand through it. A purr leaves her lips as I keep doing it.

"Can you shift back, sweetheart?" I ask halting my movements. She nods before disappearing into the bushes. A moment later, a shriek leaves her lips, alarming me. I race over to where she was and immediately regret it when I note she's naked.

"Malcolm!" She screamed and a deep red forms on my cheek. Thank goddess it was already dark and she couldn't see it. I pluck the shirt off of me and I hand it over to her, closing my eyes in the process.

Few shuffles later, she clears her voice and my eyes snap up. My shirt came to her mid thigh. I walked over to her before pulling her closer to my chest, inhaling deeply, her sweet scent.

"Come on. We should go home. You must be cold."

She nods her head, her eyes still not meeting my own. She heaved in and out as if trying to calm herself. She had been through a lot tonight and I didn't want to bring back her thoughts about what happened. She was already scared, that I could tell, and I didn't want to add more pain to her.

"Are you angry at me?" She asks her voice so low, that if it wasn't for my super hearing, I sure would have heard it.

"No, baby. I know you must have had your own reasons for it." I smiled as I pulled her to my side even more closer.

"If it helps, I even didn't know any other werewolves existed." Honestly, this shocks me because no wolf couldn't identify their own kind.

"How bout we talk about all this tomorrow. When you are both rested and okay." I state and she nods her head. Noting how tired she seemed, I grabbed her by her waist and carried her bridal style. She let's out a small squeal before snuggling closer to my chest.

It didn't take long for her breathing to grow soft and her heartbeat go steady.

I knew she needed her rest because tomorrow would be even more tiring than today.

*****

Thank you for reading.

Please,

Vote. Comment. Share.😘❤️