Chapter 19

M a l c o l m.

I walked towards the pack house, a gigantic grin plastered on my lips. My mind raced with thousands of thoughts about my mate. I still couldn't believe that she was finally in my arms. A deep sigh escapes my lips as I get closer to the pack house. A strong urge to hold my mate comes to me that even my wolf was urging me to walk faster to get to her.

"Hey Malcolm!" Someone hollers getting closer to me. I tilted my head and come face to face with my best friend, Sebastian. My beta.

"What's up dude?" I ask, giving him a side man hug resuming my walk towards the pack house; him falling in step with me.

"Dude! Really? Why didn't I know that your mate was already here?" He inquires staring at me warily, narrowing his eyes at me in what I presume as anger.

"I'm so sorry, dude. I had been so busy dealing with all the shit that was going on. When I found her she was nearly dead, man. I have never been so scared in my life." I reply honestly running my hand through my brown locks in both frustration and fear. I sigh reminding myself that she's okay.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that." He states patting my back in a friendly way and I offer him one of my most genuine smiles.

"Thanks man." A small smile still stretched on my lips.

"What did your parents say though?"

I nearly growl at the thought of my parents. How they nearly took my chance  away to know my mate. He knows everything that had happened because he was the first person I had explained the situation to.

"Well, they accepted her and they both regret everything they did but I really don't know what to believe though. My dad a while ago was angry that I had a human mate and right now they are happy and all. That really doesn't seem to add up." I voice out my thoughts staring up at the cloudless sky.

"Yeah man, that actually doesn't really make sense but can they really harm your mate knowing they'll be killing you in the process?" He questions rhetorically.

Can they really do something bad to my mate? Can they harm her? Impossible, right?

"I don't know man, anyway what did you need from me?" I question changing the uncomfortable topic and he immediately gets the message.

"Oh yeah, rogues have been sighted by the pack border but to be honest with you Malcolm, they don't seem to have that weird stench rogues usually carry around. They actually seem to belong to a pack." He states his face stiff, with absolutely no trace of emotion. A deep chill shoots through me and my wolf even begins to growl in absolute anger.

"What do you mean?" I question folding my own arms across my chest giving him my upmost attention.

"I really don't know Malcolm, it's really weird." He states, confusion coating his face as he stares off. I sigh deeply. I can't have this shit right now. I just found my mate who's absolutely clueless about our kind.

"Take care of it, Seb. I just found my mate who's very clueless about us and I can't endanger her right now." I reply my alpha tone seeping through my voice.

"Yes alpha," he unconsciously answers, his head bowed in submission. A sigh leaves my lips once again.

"Anyway, you're one lucky soul. I wish I had a soulmate too." He states, a familiar pain quickly shoots through his eyes that I nearly missed it. Sebastian has always wanted a mate and without one, he's grown so angry and aggressive.

"Don't worry, man. I hope she shows up soon." I answer trying to offer him a little help which I was sure wasn't working.

"Yeah I hope so too," he whispers sighing deeply.

Without warning, his sad expression begins to fade and in place a cocky smirk forms on his lips and I instantly narrow my eyes at him wondering what he's up to.

"What?" I ask glaring at him for such a look from him immediately and usually cause disasters, especially on my part.

"So how are you going to explain to the Luna all this werewolf shit. I know for sure she's going to run away in your beastly form." He murmurs, eyes glowing in sheer joy and amusement. I growl angrily at him. She can't leave me when I just found her.

"She's mine!" I growl darkly staring at him in pure anger, my eyes narrowed in slits as I harshly glared at my so called beta.

"Whoa dude! No need to go all cliche on me and growl "mine",  that is quite obvious, you know." His eyes holding the familiar amusement as he stares at me. I instead deepen my glare, not uttering a word before resuming my walk to the pack house, the urge to hold my mate in my arms getting irresistible.

"Yeah, whatever." I grumble walking closer to the pack house.

"See you later, dude!" He hollers and I could still make out the slight amusement in his voice and I roll my eyes deeply growling slightly again.

Loud laughs echoes through the pack house as I get closer. A tingly sensation washes over me as I make out my mate's laughs. I slam the door open, trying to find what was making her so happy and laughing so hard.

My face immediately pales as I stare at Brittany and Freya, both huddle together on the couch, laughing like maniacs.

"What's going on?" I question staring at both of them in pure panic. Whenever my sister made a new friend, she usually made sure to tell them thousands of embarrassing stories about me.

"Oh, nothing. Brittany was just telling me some of your childhood stories." Freya says, still laughing her ass off.

My eyes widen in horror and I narrow my eyes at my sister who sends a harsh smirk my way and I know she was actually punishing me for harshly snapping at Freya a few days ago.

I roll my eyes once again as I stare at Freya who had doubled over clutching her stomach as she laughed very loudly. Instead of getting mad or glaring at my sister again, my eyes softens as a small smile tug at my lips.

If my ugly stories gives my mate sheer pleasure, I don't give a fuck if I am embarrassed. Hell I'd want to hear that laugh each and everyday of my life.

*****
Slightly edited!😁❤️

I'm so so sorry I've taken soo long. I know this chapter is soooooo crappy. I had the worst writer's block ever and I don't even know if I'm gonna update anytime soon but I'll try :)

Anyway, if you liked it you can,

Vote. Comment. Share.😘😘