Chapter 16

F r e y a.

I stepped out of the room making slow steps towards what I presumed was the exist. My eyes widen at the beautiful design of the house.

My eyes kept solely up as I take small steps gaping shamelessly at everything here. I had never been somewhere so beautiful in my life. This place is just...wow.

I open the door walking out only  to realize, I wasn't out, I just walked into a modern kitchen just as beautiful as the rest of the house.

I take short steps towards the kitchen and my eyes widen at the sight before me, a loud scream leaves my lips as I cover my face feeling heat crawl up my cheeks at the vivid image of the two going at it on the kitchen counter.

I slowly open my eyes as they both scramble to get dressed. I immediately cover my eyes again. That image will never leave my mind, I swear.

When I'm sure they are both done, I let my hand drop to my side as I assess them. The guy looks very familiar. It suddenly clicks. He was among those guys who came to the diner that specific day.

"Who are you?" The girl with short black hair and grey eyes asks as she folds her arms  giving me a deadly glare but the pink tint on her cheeks doesn't go away.

"Freya," I whisper coming out like a question.

"You're human." The guy mutters staring at me in distaste a look of confusion crossing his face.

Aren't we all human? I shift my neck to the side as I stare at him in pure confusion.

"Yeah," I state in a duh tone.

"What are you doing here?" The girl questions in a bitchy tone and I immediately know we won't get along.

"Wait... Aren't you that girl from the diner? The l-luna? " The guy suddenly stutters a look of horror making it's way through his features.

"Yeah, that's me but I'm not the moon as you can see I'm pretty human," I reply moving my hand over my figure.

"I'm Ashton, but you can call me Ash." He states a smile spreading through his lips which a minute ago held disgust as he extends his hand for a hand shake.

I stare at his stretched arm contemplating whether to greet him or not.

Seeing the look on my face he retracts his arm and the girl growls at me making me turn my head to her with weird look. She growled?

"Did y-you just growl? " My eyes widening as I stare bewildered.

"N-no." She stutters. Lie.

"Um have you seen Malcolm?" I inquire changing the subject.

"Yeah he just went out a couple of minutes ago," Ashton replies and I nod turning around ready to walk away.

Well, that was really awkward.

I walk back to the room I was and  flop down on the bed. What am I still doing here anyway? I should go home. I mean I'm okay my wounds are healing pretty well and even though my wolf is nowhere, I am feeling fine.

Avery must be really worried right now wondering where the hell I am.

Oh my goddess!

Avery!

She's just gonna create a big fuss especially since I know my apartment had been trashed. I groan hitting my head on the bed a couple of times.

I get up pacing around at the things she's gonna tell the police the moment they find those guys in my apartment. Would they think I killed them?

My face pales. I killed them!

I'm a criminal!

The door suddenly slams open and Malcolm as he matches towards me.

"Freya what happened?" His face morphing into concern as he stared at my tall frame.

"I... I killed them. Oh god, I killed those guys...They attacked me and...and... Oh my god." My hand  covers my lips as I recall each and everything I did.

"I'm a monster," I whisper fear taking the better part of me. I know they were criminals and all but they didn't deserve to die especially if my wolf killed them all.

"Freya breath and tell me what happened okay, I'll fix everything. " Malcolm assures me as he places his hand on my shoulder trying to convince me and even though I don't believe him I nod as I settle back on the bed.

He pulls me by my waist and places me on his lap, his arms encircling my waist. His scent is as alluring as the first time and I can't help enjoy it.

Why am I enjoying this so much?

"So tell me what happened," He asks and I did, crying a couple of times and of course not forgetting not to mention my wolf. 

"What?!" He growls out his voice coming out more animalistic than human.

"Why do you guys growl? Is something stuck on your throats?" I ask staring at him weirdly trying to ignore the fact that they might be werewolves just like me.

"Uh it's nothing." His reply comes out rushed as his hold on my waist gets tighter as he pulls me impossibly close to him.

"Okay," I answer not believing him. If he is going to lie then so be it.

"I am a monster," I whisper to myself again my thoughts going back to those thieves but the way he pulls me tighter, I know he heard me.

"No you're not! They all deserve even more pain for hurting my m- for hurting you!" He growls out angrily. What was he going to say?

"What if they died, I'm nothing but a monster." I sniffle feeling a tear forming in my eyes. Why are my emotion all over the place?

"No!Just drop it okay! " He snaps and I flinch, hard and I immediately detangle myself from him and walk towards the bathroom, slamming the door shut and sliding down tears springing in my eyes once again. 

I wish Shea was here. I'd totally know what's going on. It's like a piece of me is dead or inactive, an empty space in my mind.

"Freya! I'm sorry okay, I didn't mean to snap at you. I was stressed up. " Malcolm pleads as he pounds his fist on the door.

I grit my teeth in anger. I mean he could have just seen this whole situation from my point of view. How I felt when he held the gun on my head. How I thought that I was taking my final breath.

When he shot me and I passed out as my wolf disappeared. How scared I was thinking that the minute I shut my eyes, I'd never see another day, ever again. He's supposed to understand yet he doesn't.

I sigh wiping the tears that had managed to slip out of my eyes. I lay my head on the door heaving in and out trying to control my anger.

He should understand me more than anyone. Why? I really have no idea. I don't open the door, instead I let my head rest on the other side of the wall.  Before I can resist my eyes start to droop and before I know it, my eyes shut and I fall asleep.

*****

Editing!❤️

Hello, here again.

Sorry for taking sooo long.

I'm really really trying to improve on my writing skills, since I actually came to realize  that my other book was totally and utterly poorly written and I had to bang my head a couple of times after reading it.

I feel like deleting this book right now. Who thinks I should delete it?

Anyway.

Please do

Vote.

Comment.

Share. 😘😘