Chapter 23

M a l c o l m.

"You're so stubborn!" I snarled angrily at my wolf. I can't believe he actually took control of my body and hurt my mate. Our mate.

I couldn't believe it. I didn't understand why and he knew that she was, is human. Punching the bag once again, it falls down sand pouring out of it and a sigh leaves my lips.

Grabbing my towel, I wipe the coat of sweat on my forehead taking a sip of water as I stare out of the window. My brows scrunched in confusion when I see Brittany speeding away in her Audi. Where the hell is she going?

Shaking my head, I grab another bag before repeating the same thing. I need to apologize to Freya for what I did. It wasn't acceptable and it's actually unbelievable she didn't die. My wolf keeps whining but I shut him out.

This goes on for almost another six hours, when I finally exhausted. I had not seen Brittany from the time she spend off in her Audi. She was the one who had managed to make my wolf let go of my mate. That's when I came to and realize I had pressed her so hard against the wall that she had passed out. Brittany said she was lucky her organs had not been squashed in the process.

Guiltily, I had walked away and I refused to see her again. I should have explained my reasons for not wanting her to leave and yet I was acting like a total jerk, hurting her. I want to blame my wolf for all of it but he's a part of me and I also took part of it too. I remember telling my parents not to let pack members to the pack house because I did not want her to ask questions I wasn't ready to answer yet. However, some few pack members showed up once or twice to pick up stuff.

Sighing deeply, I walk out of the gym and headed to my room for a shower so I can talk to Freya about what happened hoping she'd forgive me. Her scent however had faded like she hasn't been here for a long time. Knowing Brittany, I bet she took her somewhere to clear up her mind.

Stripping, I head to the bathroom, taking a cold shower before dressing up and walking down the stairs. At that moment, the door opens and a sad looking Brittany walks in.

"Brittany, what's wrong?" I question with concern walking towards her, holding her arms as I lead her towards the couch.

"Freya, she left." She whispered playing with her fingers on her laps. My mind registers what she said and I immediately shoot up from my sit.

"What?!" I snarl, feeling my wolf trying to take control again, to find our mate.

"Why did you let her leave?! She's my mate, Brittany! What don't you get?! This is what our argument was about in the first place." I speak, enraged at the thought of never seeing it hearing from my mate again.

"This is why she left! You're getting so possessive! She's human Malcolm! She's really confused about everything! I could practically see how confused she was and you trying to act possessive didn't even help the case. She needs time Malcolm, please. Just give her some more weeks. You just can't uproot her from her normal life and claim her as yours! She needs time and just take everything slow." Brittany states her voice slowly growing to a whisper as she stares up at me, pleadingly.

I haven't even got to know her well and she's gone. It's only been a week and I have no idea if she even wants to talk to me. I messed up big time and I don't know if I could fix it. I nod slightly before sighing deeply.

"Fine. I'm going to give her time." I state and immediately Brittany gives me a gigantic grin before flinging herself to me as she mutters a lot of thank you making me smile slightly.

Maybe it will be a good thing for the both of us. She needs time and I need it too.

√*√*√

"Sir, I think we found her." His whispered, his head bowed down in submission, afraid to lose his head before the right time.

"Are you sure?" He growled out, waves of power radiating off of him causing the puny servant to shiver in both fright and anxiety. He was afraid of him and that could be easily noted.

"Y..yes, S...Sir." he stuttered fear rolling off of him.

"Proof."

"W...what, Sir?"

"Did I stutter?"

"The b...beta hasn't arrived yet." The servant replied, still shaking.

He immediately got up from his sit walking towards him, his steps both confident and full of power.

"Are you lying to me?" He questions in irritation, his voice low, as power radiate off of him in waves as he stared down at the shaking form of his servant.

"N...no. Never, boss." He states eyes still trained on the carpeted floor. He could feel the tears pulling in his eyes. He knew the consequences of lying or not giving his master proof.

"You know the consequence of this." He walks over to him, ready to snap his neck. Grasping the side of his neck, he pulls him closer to him as he stared deeply into his frightened eyes.

"I'm sorry, boss." He croaks out in his barely audible voice. He was frightened for sure. He smirked widely, enjoying the fear radiating off of the guy. He pressed his hand harder against his frail neck, blocking out oxygen from reaching his constricting lungs. Before he could finally snap, the door opens up and his new beta walked in as he stared anywhere else but him.

Letting go of the servants, he strides quickly towards his beta who looked rather uncomfortable and scared.

"Proof." He uttered waiting the same response from his beta. However he was brighter than that. Removing a photograph from his back pocket, he hands it to him. He carelessly took the piece from him and his eyes began to glow in nothing but joy.

There stood a woman whose back was turn to them with dark hair tumbling to the back of her neck. Strands of hair, pushed to the back of both her ears revealing a beautiful tattoo like crescent positioned itself at tip of her ears. Keeping a composed look, he turned to his beta offering him one of his rare smiles.

"Good job." He states walking away in joy and pride.

This time round,

He had finally found them or rather, her.

*****

Guyyys!!! Our Fate is almost over!!!

To be honest, I think the title to this book is pretty lame so can you guys suggest some title to this book :) I know no one's gonna reply this so I'm just gonna search for a cool name myself.

Bye And if you like it,

Please. Vote. Comment. Share.😘😘

Other news, idk when I'm going to or if ever I'm going to update this but I will try because right now I feel so drained and so poor at writing :(

Okay so here goes! I hope you like it :)