Chapter 22

F r e y a.

Sighing deeply, I turned and walked out of the room after the officer had confirmed that I was okay. Apparently, an officer had been sent to my apartment to see if they could find anything that proves I was kidnapped or in danger. This was all Avery's doing and I internally groaned because I had predicted it.

I had to lie about my apartment because I didn't want to get involved with the cops any longer. I absolutely loathed anything that had to do with the cops. Somehow they had reluctantly believed my twisted story.

I don't understand why those guys were all never caught or how they all escaped. I swear I saw them both pass out and to be honest it had scared me to live the rest of my days in prison for killing them.

 Stepping out, I'm immediately crushed into a hug and before I can push the person away, her scent wafted itself to me and I sighed deeply.

Avery.

I immediately felt wetness on my shoulder, making me tear up too.  Even my wolf was actually enjoying the warm embrace.

The hug didn't last long though because Avery immediately pushed herself away from me. Her eyes bloodshot and mascara running down her cheeks. She immediately wiped her cheeks which actually didn't help at all but I didn't need to tell her that.

"Do you know how worried I was?!" She shrieked without even a hello. This immediately makes me feel guilty. My eyes immediately falls to floor. I had promised myself I was going to call her but I didn't. I was so caught up with everything.

"I'm so sorry Avery, I was so caught up and I need to tell you what happened." I whisper the last part. She stares at me skeptically before slowly nodding her head.

Walking out of the station, we both head to her apartment which wasn't really that far. I stare at Avery and immediately realize something was wrong with her. Heavy bags positioned themselves under her eyes and that scared me. What did I miss? I was only gone for about a week.

"What's wrong Avery?" I ask as we both got into the cab outside the station. She turns to me her eyes widening before pain flashes through her eyes and that answers my question.

"Wisdom," she whispers and my fist tighten as anger pulsate through every part of me. I knew that jerk was going to hurt her again. I didn't want to say I told you so and act like a bitch too so I just pressed her tightly against my chest and immediately tears came flowing out of her eyes. She didn't deserve all this. I didn't say a word, just held her because right now she needed me and I wasn't going to disappoint her.

***

"What?!" Avery exclaimed in both anger and shock. I had just completed explaining to her what had really happened. To say she was angry is an understatement. She was beyond furious.

"Why did you lie to the police?! They could have caught them already!" She stares at me in both anger and shock. Shaking my head, I pull her next to me.

"You know how I feel about cops, Avery. I really don't want to make is such a big deal." I state hoping she would understand let the subject drop because I had made my final decision.

"Let it go?! I can't, Freya. You were hurt and had silver bullets in your stomach?! You nearly died! What if that Malcolm guy had not got to you  on time?!" She yells louder leaving my eyes ringing. I know this matter is huge and terrible but to be honest, I didn't really like all those processes, court and stuff. It has never been my scene and would never be. I just hope they don't come after me again.

"I hate courts and all that stuff, Avery. You know I'm not going to change my mind, right?" I state and she stares at me for a while before sighing heavily and slumping on her queen sized bed. She was worried about me, I could easily tell that.

"I'm so sorry for worrying you, Avery." I whisper staring at her. She sighs again before going quite.

"So tell me about Malcolm. Did you guys do the deed?" She abruptly questions sitting up right her eyes glowing anxiously. I know she was trying to change the subject which I agreed to myself. What she said registers in my mind and my cheeks immediately turns a crimson color.

"What?! No! Ew! I hardly know him!" It was my turn to actually shriek. Avery throws her head back laughing at my embarrassed self which doesn't help the situation at all. Pulling one of her pillows, I begin hitting her muttering a shut up.

"That's no fun," she pouts like a kid and I couldn't help but smile. I really missed this. This was home and I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. Speaking of home, my mind immediately drifts to my apartment which I was pretty sure I wasn't going to live in anymore. Those thieves knew where I lived and goin back there would make me an easy target again. As if sensing my train of thoughts, Avery speaks up.

"So what are you going to do about your apartment?"

I really didn't know what I was going to do but I am determined to start over.

"I really don't know." I answer honestly staring up in both confusion and frustration.

"You know you could come and live here with me. This place is big enough for the both of us and we could pay rent together, what do you think?" Avery offers innocently but my heart warms. She would actually let me live with her. Her apartment was thrice my size and where she gets the money to pay it with is still a mystery to me.

"Are you sure?" I ask both hopeful and scared.

"Are you even asking me that right now? Of course, you idiot." She says and I immediately engulf her in a bear hug which she reciprocated.

"Thanks." I smile and one forms on her lips too but I could see through her, something was hurting her and bothering her.

"What happened with you and Wisdom, Avery?" I ask cautiously. The smile that was once on her face slowly disappears before an utterly pained expression forms on her pretty face.

"I found him going at it with someone else." She whispers robotically and a growl nearly rips through my lips as I immediately jump up from her bed, nearly giving Avery a heart attack. I would have laughed if I wasn't plotting different ways in my head of murdering that idiot.

"I'm going to kill him." I grit out in anger and I could feel the sprouting of fur on my skin. Avery immediately walked towards me cautiously, a brow raised in shock and confusion. I have never made any death threats before and I can understand her shock.

"No Freya, just let it go." Avery whispered grasping my arm tightly. My wolf is angry too because she considers Avery as my sister and she doesn't want her to get hurt.

"I'm so sorry, Avery." I whisper honestly as I stare at her. She looks up at me and I watch as a tear flow down her cheek, a shattered look in her eyes. My heart clenches so painfully at the look. Without waiting for her reply, I fling my arms around her as she breaks down in sobs.

It made me question and wonder if love was really worth it. Was I willing to feel this amount of heart ache if the person ever cheats on me? Malcolm's face flashes through my eyes as I imagine him doing this to me. I knew my answer then. I wouldn't take it. I wouldn't survive a heart break.

****

Hi!
  I have nothing to say but have a nice day, morning, evening wherever you are or whatever time you are reading this!

Also, Our Fate is almost over!! Yay!
Comment. Vote. Share.😘😘