Trolls and Elves

Clarrei peered from behind one of the old pine trees that stood near the troll's camp. Of course Thorin Oakenshield, the most stubborn dwarf to ever walk Middle-Earth, King under the bloody useless Mountain, had managed to get himself captured not one month into their adventure. And now he was going to be eaten by three mountain-trolls. How humiliating. She rested her forehead against the bark of the tree, breathing out loud in exasperation. Stepping lightly, and on her toes, Clarrei crept through the undergrowth, painfully aware that her brilliant hair would be glowing red in the light of the fire that the Company was being roasted upon. She crept behind where the rest of the Company lay in sacks, and she whispered:
"Psst."
A sudden crack sounded as one of the dwarves turned to face her. She peered out of the bushes to see Thorin's panicked face. His eyes lit up when he saw her, before he hissed:
"Clarrei, what are you doing here? Get away before the trolls hear you!"
"Well there's gratitude for you," Clarrei chuckled, pulling a small knife from her boot and cutting into the rope that held Thorin's bag shut. "here I am trying to help you, and all I get is a telling off."
The rope finally snapped, very loudly, and Clarrei ducked back into the bushes as the trolls turned their heads.
"You hear that, Bert?" Asked one of them, scratching his ugly head.
"Prob'ly just a squirrel," answered another of them, who wore a leather apron and was busy turning the spit that the rest of the Company were trapped on. "now come on! We ain't got all night! Dawn ain't far away, and I don't fancy being turned to stone!"
That was when the wheels in Clarrei's head began to turn. Stone...dawn...not far away...she hatched a plan. She glanced up suddenly when Thorin growled at her again.
"Clarrei, you have to get out of here, now!"
She just looked at him and gave a small, triumphant smile.
"No, Thorin Oakenshield. I need to get closer."

----------------------------------------------

Thorin's forehead wrinkled in confusion as Clarrei smiled. What was she planning? To his horror, she pushed past the Company and strode confidently into the clearing. She then waves her arms and called out, in a loud, clear voice:
"You don't want to eat them!" She called. "Those dwarves are infested with parasites!"
The trolls and dwarves all froze. Baggins even hissed from the corner:
"Clarrei, get back!"
But the red-haired woman didn't listen.
"I assure you, gentlemen, I would taste far better than those dwarves!"
She gave them an almost evil grin, before darting off around the campsite.
"Come on, then!" She shouted, "If you think you can get me!"
The trolls ran after her, tripping over their large, disgusting feet. Thorin felt his heart constrict in fear as he saw Clarrei almost trip and fall. Suddenly seized by an unknown urge, he started to thrash against his sack, the snapped rope allowing him to force his broad shoulders out of his hessian prison. Grabbing his sword, he ran across the clearing, followed by surprised shouts from the Company. Letting loose a fearsome battle-cry, he jammed the blade into the calf of the nearest one, who he believed to be called Tom, according to the others.
"Stay away from her!" He bellowed, noticing how Clarrei's eyes widened in shock and...was that fear in her eyes? Fear for him? Her eyes steeling suddenly, she stormed to the campfire and seized a handful of flames. The fire licked up her arm, but the flesh stayed white and her coat remained unscathed. She then threw her arm out at the troll, and a jet of flame shot from her palm, swamping Tom, who yelled in pain and terror. She then brandished her other arm behind her, causing the flames of the campfire to take the form of a great flaming wolf, that bounded around the campsite, sinking its fiery teeth into Bill's leg. The only other troll left then backed away from the girl with the flaming hair, which now glowed bright amber with power. Thorin was tempted to join him. Clarrei was radiating with heat, light, and strength. The flames died suddenly as a loud voice boomed over them all.
"THE DAWN WILL TAKE YOU ALL!"
The Company and Clarrei looked up to see Gandalf on a rocky precipice, raising his staff before bringing it down onto the rock he stood upon. The rock split in half, and a beam of light shone through, freezing the trolls where they stood. Their skin hardened and turned to a light grey, and their movements became jerky and slow, before completely grinding to a halt. There should have been cheers from the Company, but all Thorin could see was the looks of fear and trepidation as they looked at Clarrei, who was breathing heavily, leaning her hands on her knees. Her face seemed to be draining of all colour by the second, and Thorin could tell that her burst of sudden flames had exhausted her.