The Bowman

"Bolg." Clarrei snarled, glaring at the hideous Orc. She didn't speak much Orcish, but she knew the basics.
"Greetings, dragon." He replied, grinning wickedly. "I see you have changed since our last meet." He then gave an order Clarrei could not understand, but judging from the way his soldiers charged at the trapped company, it must have meant something similar to "Get them!" She snarled, but she couldn't summon her dragon form just yet. Still recovering some powers from the charm of Mirkwood, then. Unbelievably, Legolas nodded to her before attacking the nearest Orc. His auburn-haired companion joined him, blades and arrows felling enemy after enemy. Her brain working quickly, Clarrei looked around, the sudden falling of the body of an Orc drawing her attention to a lever resting directly above the bridge they were currently trapped under. Sudden movement caught her eye, and she looked in horror to see Kili leaping from his barrel to run up the steps towards the lever.
"KILI!" She screeched, about to leap from her own barrel, but Bifur caught her collar. He just shook his head at her, pulling her back into the barrel. But even he couldn't hold her back when a black-feathered arrow thudded into her youngest nephew's leg. A roar tore itself from her throat, and scales raced across her skin, her fangs extending, and a set of wings unfolding from her back. She didn't shift completely, as she took in her still human-shaped arms and body, but it was enough. Sweeping her wings trough the air to rise high above her companions, she breathed a column of flame at her opponents before landing in front of her injured nephew. She turned to see him hanging off the now-pulled lever, his face white with pain.
"Remind me never to get on your bad side." He muttered with a dry grin.
As the Company bundled along down in the river in their barrels, Clarrei flew high in the clouds, her added dragon strength allowing her to hold the injured Kili in her arms. She smiled as, even as his ankle twinged, he still managed to show interest in their flight.
"This is amazing!" He cried as Clarrei took a slight dip in the air to at least follow the trail of barrels. It was better for the pair of them to stay well above the conflict, Clarrei couldn't risk Kili getting injured again.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thorin stared at the sky, only catching a slight glimpse of a winged shadow every so often. Though she wasn't as near as he liked, it still eased his heart that she had his youngest nephew, and both were well out of the way of harm. Although, he realised, looking around at the chase that was going on around the Company, Elves vs Orcs, he might have hoped for a little dragon flame. Surprisingly, the dwarf prince found himself defending the Elf Prince as an Orc leapt towards him. Using a tree branch he snapped off, he knocked the Orc's leg out from under him, nodding in reluctant respect to the blonde Elf. It was only when the barrels plunged over a waterfall that Thorin realised that same Elf had stopped the hunting-party from following them any further.
Thorin peered up over the lip of his barrel, breathing a sigh of relief as he saw the empty river ahead of them. He slowly paddled towards a large rock that jutted from the river-bank, heaving himself out of the barrel, kicking it away before getting up and stretching his aching legs. One by one, the Company regrouped, all looking up in astonishment as Clarrei landed amongst them, her giant wingspan making them scatter. She straightened up and carefully sat Kili down.
"He's hurt." She said, looking up at Thorin with burning golden eyes. Thorin would have protested, would have insisted that they push on, but he stopped himself. Since when did he put a journey over the lives of his kin? He knelt down and examined his youngest nephew's leg. It has been pierced by an Orc arrow, and the poisoned end was still embedded in his swollen, red flesh. He looked up at Kili and gritted his teeth.
"It needs to come out." He said, reluctantly reaching towards the wound, before Clarrei stopped him.
"Allow me." She said, wiggling her claws. Despite himself, Thorin chuckled. She was the most bizarre sight at the moment, half-shifted to dragon form, though she looked as though she were ready for a battle. The sudden yell of Kili and exclaims of disgust from the Company distracted him as his beloved plunged her sharp-tipped nails into her future nephew's leg.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you alright?" Clarrei asked, as Bofur bound Kili's leg. That had been an ordeal, she mused, looking at the small arrowhead she held in a scaly hand. Curling her lip in disgust at the foul smell that rose from the small flint, she threw it, with much venom, into the river. Something caught her eye as she turned away. She peered in astonishment at her reflection in the raging waters. Her eyes were the now-familiar gold with slitted pupils, but her entire body was covered in scales. Something that always amazed her was that her clothes melded into her shift, and this new hybrid form was no exception. Her body was covered in scales, which had taken the form of armour. Her scales continued to her hands, leaving her fingers pale white skin. She stared at her feet, which were completely in dragon form, but transcended smoothly into the shape of human legs. Her wings were smaller than they were in full dragon form, but they were by no means less powerful. She gave them and experimental beat, and she rose off the ground, making herself giggle. Her face, she noticed, had scales that patterned into a triangle shape on her forehead, while her scarred cheeks were lightly dusted with red and gold. Her canines were sharp, while her ears were pointed, accompanied by tiny horn-like growths showing through her wild hair, and Clarrei smiled as she allowed herself to return to normal.
"Interesting." She mused, tapping one rapidly smaller nail on her chin. She jumped slightly as a pair of arms wrapped around her middle. She laughed in relief when she saw Thorin's smiling face in the water.
"Hello, beautiful."
Clarrei smiled wryly as she self-consciously reached to her scars.
"Thorin, I'm not-"
She was cut off by a pair of lips. Thorin just stared deep into her eyes when he broke away, kissing each scar as he took her hands.
"You are." He said. "The most beautiful creature I've ever laid eyes upon. And the strongest woman I've ever had the pleasure of knowing." Clarrei smiled as she lay her head against Thorin's broad chest. His heart rate suddenly quickened, and he cleared his throat.
"Clarrei," he said, stumbling over his words, "there's something I have to ask you..."
But before he could, he was distracted by Dwalin's outcry of rage, and a man's low, deep voice:
"I will shoot him."

A.N. Sorry for the cliffhanger guys! Thought there would be a little bit of Tharrei fluff, as well as a bit of frustration, eh? I have only one question... WHAT WAS THORIN GOING TO ASK CLARREI?! I am prepared for the war of the comments, by the way that was so frustrating for me to write 😁😁😁 hope you guys enjoyed it, and I will get another one up as soon as I can