Bear?

The night air was still. Too still. And Clarrei didn't like it. It had been 12 months since they had left the Shire, and at present, the whole Company were hidden behind large boulders, waiting for Bilbo to return from his scouting for Orcs. They were still being chased by Azog and his party after the battle on the cliff several weeks back. Although, Clarrei thought with a smile, his group was significantly smaller after that particular fight. Many of them had faced a fiery hell and never returned. Now he was out for vengeance, and the Company was moving for the Mountain with even more eagerness than before. Clarrei looked up and saw Thorin talking with Dwalin, and it brought a smile to her face. Just having him there made the nerve-wracking prospect of seeing her father less so. She blushed as he looked at her with those sapphire eyes, and he smiled at her. Nodding to Dwalin, he walked to stand in front of her and place a gentle kiss on her lips.
"How are you feeling, Istanbul?" He asked, brushing a strand of hair from her face. Clarrei beamed at him. She loved it when he talked in dwarvish. Like there, he had called her "Diamond".
"I'm perfectly happy, my love."
The sound of retching diverted their attention to Fili and Kili pretending to vomit.
"Very mature, boys." Thorin said, scowling, while Clarrei tried not to laugh.
"You'll understand one day, you two." She said, getting up from the rock she sat on and dusting herself off.
"No way." Kili said, folding his arms and pouting like a child. "I'm never going to be all romantic and gross like you and uncle."
"That's what you think." Thorin said with a chuckle. "But you will, mark my words."
"I still don't understand why we can't fly there!" Bofur suddenly exclaimed from where he was having a debate with Bombur. "We have a dragon in the group, so why can't Clarrei carry us?"
Clarrei sighed and began to explain.
"Because, Bofur, I am not a fully grown dragon. I have the strength to carry one of you, but not thirteen dwarves, a hobbit and a wizard. And even then, it would still take me weeks, months even, to reach the Mountain."
"And it is too dangerous for you to go alone." Thorin added, placing a hand on her shoulder. Clarrei smiled at him.
"I can take care of myself, you know." She teased, leaning against the prince. Planting a gentle kiss on her head, Thorin smiled.
"I know, Ghivashel, but I can't help but worry."
It was only Bilbo rushing back into the clearing that made them look up.

----------------------------------------------

"How close are they?" Thorin demanded as the hobbit raced down the slope.
"Too close." He panted, leaning heavily on his knees.
"Did they see you?" Gandalf demanded. "They saw you, didn't they?"
"What-no!" Bilbo denied, stoutly, looking offended. "But-"
"See, what did I tell you!" The wizard interrupted. "Quiet as a mouse. Excellent burglar material-"
"BE QUIET!"
The dwarves shut their mouths and looked at Bilbo in astonishment. Thorin tried not to laugh as the frustrated little hobbit began to gesture wildly.
"Listen, I am trying to tell you that there is something else out there!"
At that, both Clarrei and Gandalf's faces fell. They exchanged a look, and Thorin looked to his dragon in confusion.
"We could double back." Nori suggested.
"And be ran down by a pack of Orcs." Thorin answered dryly, earning a few nervous laughs from the Company.
"What form was it?" The wizard asked Bilbo suddenly. Clarrei elaborated: "Like a bear?"
"Y-yes." Bilbo answered, looking confused. "But bigger, much bigger."
"Damn." Clarrei cursed under her breath.
"What do you know of this beast?" Thorin asked, looking between Clarrei and Gandalf.
"There is a house," Gandalf began, almost hesitantly. "Where we may take refuge."
"Whose house?" Thorin demanded, feeling frustration tense his shoulders. "Are they friend or foe?"
"Neither." Clarrei answered, passing a hand over her eyes in exhaustion. "He will help us, or..." She looked nervously at Thorin, and the dwarf prince's blood ran cold at her next words. "He will kill us."
Thorin looked at Clarrei and sighed.
"Do we have a choice?"
As a roar bellowed behind them, the young woman looked at him with stony eyes.
"No."

Hey guys! I know this is kind of a filler chapter, but it is just the beginning of the second movie, so bear with me for a minute. Geddit? Bear? Hahaha....I'm sorry. (hides behind Thorin) sorry it's been a while, I'm on holiday, and haven't really had a lot of time for writing, but this should satisfy you for a bit methinks. :-) don't worry there will be a lot of Tharrie cuteness in this bit ;-) love you hobbits!