Lee huffed, having been fed up with your lack of cooperation, before clutching your throat. You eyes shot open, choked sobs filling the room as you struggled to breathe.

"You will be obedient Miss Song," Lee lowered his voice, warnings lacing his tone. "Failure to be compliant will result in unfortunate accidents for your bandmates, and I doubt you want to be the cause of them being hurt, isn't that right?"

You couldn't help but nod, knowing he wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Good," he gave you a satisfied smile before releasing his grip on your throat. "Now run along back home. I'll be sure to see you again soon."

You ran out the door, a feeling of suffocation taking over, as if the building's walls were closing in on you. By the time you made it out into the rain, your legs couldn't hold you up any longer and you fell to the pavement, chest heaving as sobs wracked through your body.

How could this of happened? One moment I was smiling until my cheeks hurt, and now I'm trapped in some sick dream I can't escape.

You picked yourself up off the ground, willing your heart to pull itself back together. You needed to be strong, endure what life throws at you to protect those you love. Although he hadn't made a direct threat at your soulmates, you knew one wrong move on your part could place them in danger.

As your salty tears mixed with the cold water that poured all around you, you looked up at the gloomy clouds. Just like that, the hope that glimmered within you this morning died, despair eclipsing it, like the clouds did the sun when it stormed.

________________________________________________________________________________

Present day

"Nayoung," you were at a loss for words. "You know I can't do that. I can't tell them I'm their soulm-"

"Why not?" Jaehwa burst into tears. "We are sick and tired of seeing you like this Y/N! It's been 5 years. 5! 5 years of torture and abuse. You're dying inside Y/N. I know you think we can't see it, that the wall you've put up is working, but we are your family. Did you really think we wouldn't notice?" Nayoung pulled the younger girl into an embrace in an effort to comfort her.

Minji was always the most levelheaded out of your group, and when everyone's emotions were out in open, she was the best one at alleviating the tension.

"Y/N, you're a shell of the woman you used to be. When you first came to the company you were this bright and bubbly thirteen year old. Sometimes we'd have to beg you sit and be quiet for just a few moments. Now, we have to beg you to come out with us and enjoy life," the eldest was pulling out all the stops in order to get through to you. Her eyes softened, lightly glistening with unshed tears. Her voice held a tranquil tone, one a young mother would use to lull her baby to sleep. Her fingers threaded through your hair, lightly massaging your scalp.

"I can't tell them," you whispered, unable to conjure the energy to talk any louder. Your body sunk into Minji's, Chanmi's hand still held in yours. "If I tell them, they'll want to bond. If we bond, there's no way to hide the fact from Lee, and when Lee finds out..." you trailed off, fixing your members a defeated stare. "Then it's game over. He'll hurt you and the boys."

"You shouldn't worry about us Y/N," Nayoung spoke up. "There's less than 2 years left in the contract. If, IF, Lee finds out, what's the worst he could do, break up his top selling band? We are the reason he's successful, without us he wouldn't be making any profits."

Chanmi took a hold of your other hand, forcing your attention to shift to her. "You shouldn't put your happiness aside for us Y/N. If one of us goes down, then we all go down together. It's time you stop being the only one hurting. Let us share the burden."

They were starting to chip away at your resolve and they knew it too, judging by the optimistic look in Jaehwa's puffy eyes. You needed some time to yourself, to clear your mind and figure out what to do.

"I'm gonna go for a walk, get some fresh air," you said, standing up from the couch. As you grabbed a jacket from the coat rack near the door, you glanced back at the girls.

You shot them a small smile before opening the door. A short "Don't wait up" was all you said before stepping out into the cool autumn night.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well during these trying times. I'm sorry if this chapter is a little short, we get to meet the boys in the next scene and I wanted to start that off on a new chapter.

For anyone who skipped the flashback, Lee calls Y/N to his office and asks her how she fells about the news of her soulmates. He basically gets her hopes up and then breaks them by saying that she isn't allowed to see them. He tells her he loves her and that the only reason he debuted her was to keep her within reach until she was old enough to marry him. He threatens her and says if she reaches out to BTS, then he'll hurt them and her members.

Hope you like the book so far, see you soon!

XOXO