19

chapter nineteen — i don't want to lose you, but maybe i already did

"why in the world did you-"
dahye looked up at the person standing in front of her. it wasn't kyungji.

yes,

it was

the one and only

lee jeno,

of course.

jeno was standing in front of her door with sweat covering his forehead. he had a flowers on his right hand and dahye's favorite chocolates on his left hand. she was about to slam the door on jeno's face when he placed a foot on the gap, stopping dahye from closing it.

"wait please let me in"
he pleaded.
they locked eyes through the gap and dahye opened the door, letting him in.
"first of all i want to say sorry"
jeno started.
"you aren't forgiven"
she mumbled, looking anywhere else except jeno.
"i know, i know. i wasn't being a good boyfriend. i just didn't want to lose you again because if i did, i knew i would be devastated and i'd be sad for who knows how long. i got so worried and mad that you didn't pick up the phone and when you did, all my anger already bubbled up and i just blurted out all that"

"i don't want to lose you, but maybe i already did"

jeno finished, looking down and heading towards the door. before he could even open it, dahye hugged him from behind.
"who said you lost me?"
"uhh me and my overthinking?"
dahye laughed when jeno said that. he turned around and dahye smiled.
"i understand why you were mad and i know you didn't mean it. i'm still here you didn't lose me"
jeno smiled and pulled her into a hug.
"here is to make up for what i did to you"
he handed dahye the flowers and chocolate.
"apology accepted"
"wait, jeno. how did you know i live here? i don't think i've ever told you"
dahye asked when she realized.

"yeah about that, i may or may not have went to every single dorm around your campus and asked each receptionist if you lived there"
jeno explained with a shy smile.
"you did all that? you could've just asked me"
"i could but i knew you weren't gonna answer"
he shrugged and dahye instantly felt bad.